KGP HASL's re-printed?

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
So we're after the improved and expanded reprint of RB and we know that ABTF and PB are going to be revised and reprinted in a combined module. Are there any news about plans to re-issue this classic as well?

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
Really? This is the first time I hear it mentioned.

von Marwitz
Yes, really - it was mentioned several times, I guess that couple of times here at GS and at Facebook group, too. It's already in the works.

Unless you're joking, then I admit I've fell for that one...

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So we're after the improved and expanded reprint of RB and we know that ABTF and PB are going to be revised and reprinted in a combined module. Are there any news about plans to re-issue this classic as well?
Mike Faulkner has dedicated himself to recreating and updating PB, ABtF, and PBr with an eye towards MMP reprinting them in a combined package.

A similar speculative effort would be required for KGP.

Last edited:

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I cannot even begin to imagine the work that would need to be done to update these CG. It's bad enough finding playtesters for new work but recruiting them for an intensive ffort on an older product without them being already predjudiced one way or another would be a nightmare. Kudos to those who are putting the effort in.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I cannot even begin to imagine the work that would need to be done to update these CG. It's bad enough finding playtesters for new work but recruiting them for an intensive ffort on an older product without them being already predjudiced one way or another would be a nightmare. Kudos to those who are putting the effort in.
I'm thinking the hardest part of any effort of this sort is finding people that are both competent and interested in playtesting.....

John Fedoriw

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Take out the Slopes and I bet interest in KGP would rise by 35-40%
Slopes are what makes otherwise monotonous table flat landscape interesting
Yup. Otherwise, ASL terrain is just a collection of pool tables on top of a number of mesas.
I play scenarios with slopes but find the rules for them cumbersome and I really really wish ASL had gone a different route in the way they handle hills.

Way back in the 80s I played a West End Game FIRE TEAM about a hypothetical NATO / WARSAW PACT war. It was a really good tactical game loosely based on squad leader. They had an interesting way of portraying hills....not so much with slopes but by displaying the spines of the hills. I wish ASL had of adopted something like this to more realistically show hills...rather than as constructed of wedding cake like plateaus. The rules for these spines were very easy to use.

I could also see using the spines on level 0 open ground to depict very slight undulations in the ground that obstruct very long flat LOS (maybe slightly like hillocks which really appear everywhere)....come to think of it I wonder if they could have done something like this in the desert as well for hillocks. Those rules are somewhat cumbersome.....

Anyway picture is worth a thousand words. This may give some idea of what I am talking about:

Attachments