KGP CG Refit Phase

Kilroy

Reaction score
Rule P 8.6042 "Each Mobile vehicle in any type of minefield undergoes the appropriate type of minefield attack fully resolved in the normal manner, as if it is attempting to exit the minefield Location... Each Infantry unit in an AP minefield hex must take a NTC failure of which causes CR. [EXC/ to both: A unit theoretically able to exit the minefield hex without being attacked by the mines AND without having to enter a minefield/ enemy-Controlled Location need not take the NTC.]

HUH? I read this poorly worded rule to mean that any Mobile vehicle in an AT minefield will not be attacked unless surrounded by mined hexes and/or enemy Controlled Locations and that any unit in an AP minefield will be attacked regardless. There is a clarification somewhere in the errata on the web but I have lost the site and can't find it.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Check the mine rules for better clarification on this.

When you enter or exit a minefield hex you are attacked. So for the vehicle, it is saying you undergo a minefield attack as if you were leaving the hex. In effect it is stating, just use the normal minefield rules and assume the vehicle is moving from the Location.

For the Infantry, it is modifying the normal rules. It is making it simpler. Instead of taking an attack roll on the IFT and then rolling for morale based on the IFT results, it makes each unit take a NTC, with CR the result of failing.

The only situation I can quickly think of that would apply (per the stated exception) would be when an infantry unit had moved in for mine clearance and dropped a partial TB in the Location, or an AFV had laid down a TB from going through the Location. It could leave the Location via the TB without getting attacked, so if at the end of the CG the unit is in this situation, the mines would not attack it during this refit step.