KEEF VS RangerBooBoo

Eric Weider

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey-ooohhh!
With a name like RangerBooBoo I would say he is toast! :D
I chose nothern deployment and i will choose little saturn on turn 3 or 4.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just so you won't waste your 4 turns of shock bonus, choose Little Saturn on turn 5 at the earliest. Your shock bonus would then kick in on turn 6....the Axis has 4 turns of shock bonus starting on turn 2, so if you were to choose Little Saturn any sooner, it would "cancel" (for all practical purposes) your shock bonus, as well as the Axis player's shock bonus for any overlapping turns.

John

Eric Weider

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just so ya'll know I am still alive and kicking. My game vs Ranger BooBoo is going well. We are on turn 12. In the north his line has all but collapsed and all his reinforcements are heading up that way versus the relief of the pocket. He came within 1 hex of a link up and may still yet link but nothing much will come of it. I have penetrated into the pocket heavily from the north side. In the south i have a side show but still effective effort going on. Don't get me wrong this is a tough fight and BooBoo is no push over but unless I am way underestimating his remaining strength I think he is on the ropes.
It took me about 8 turns to finally realize that some of the Artillery supporting the attack on the posket have movement points of 1 or 4. By using these in early attack rounds I was never able to get more than 1 or 2 rounds...now that i finally noticed their MPs are 1 or 4 I don't use them till later in the attack phases and things are much better.

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
RangerBooBoo is a solid player. I think this scenario favors the Soviets IF the Axis don't take extreme advantage of the first two turns.

Keef - what deployments did you two pick? Did you stay with one deployment TO and one non-deployment TO?

Eric Weider

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
WestPointer said:
RangerBooBoo is a solid player. I think this scenario favors the Soviets IF the Axis don't take extreme advantage of the first two turns.

Keef - what deployments did you two pick? Did you stay with one deployment TO and one non-deployment TO?

Yes i chose northern deployment and little saturn.

laszlo.nemedi

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
Many interesting possibilities. I think mostly you can do what you want.
I think he has to fall back to Rostov to defend. Your 44th army will make him nervous.
Encircle his units, capture his supply point, and in the same time go for the victory location and secure them... Easy isn't it?

Try to be decisive within 10-12 turns on the victory points to have enough time for the last battle for Rostov.

(Interesting: the more successful the more you need to make strategic decision. The beginning is very straitforward in strategic point of view...)

Eric Weider

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well with his northern and southern flanks crumbling Ranger BooBoo decided to persist in his central thrust to relieve the pocket. (I think this was at the urging of his team mates)
Therefore as we just ended turn 18 I am about to enjoy a "Kraut" sandwich. My forces are about to turn the entire German Army into a pocket...a "Hot Pocket."
For the moment he still has a "significant victory but within 2-3 turns i will capture about 70 VP's (including Rostov). The game will then be over. KEEF OUT!!

laszlo.nemedi

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
Keef said:
On turn 23 my opponent has surrendered to me unconditionally.
Gip, gip, gurrahhhh (the Russian version)!

Congratulation! Now you will be deployed to Mandzuria (just like Zhukov)!

I propose to give Keef the Zhukov Order!

:love:

Eric Weider

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
thank you guys... here is a game file at the moment he surrendered. the start of my turn 23... i haven't moved anything yet this turn.

:D :D :D

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Congratulation Keef! After seeing the save, RangerBooBoo could have given you a few more turns of clean-up fun!