Country
llUnited States
Shaman (Healing):
+1100 healing
100 mp5
8000 mana
7000 health
6000 armor

I am short 400 healing, 300 health, 400 mana, and is that mp5 while casting? If so i am short on that by 80. (eek)

I will be there soon.

Oobie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think its bad that Blizz removed the key req for every1 .. cause if u cant do those low instance well u cant enter kara.. so LOT of newbs are gonna pug in grp and just make them wipe which is not very cool on repair bill >.< Other thing too is that ppl respect once they get 70 but dont know how to play their new toon/talent and again make grp wipe.. so doing those low instance for key was VERY good to learn ur skills and everything !

Btw Klr u're getting very good ;)
Quite true, but they still need the gear, so they'll still need to do the runs. If we try to keep this guild-only, and stick to the minimum requirements, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Welfare epics would be a cheap way to get some gear in a few slots, but they aren't as good for pve for most classes.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
By 'Welfare Epic' do you mean s1 gear? The BG stuff?

In most cases a full set of gear that you grind out in the BGs is adequate for Kara. Agree with Oob that it is pvp-centric, but it's as good a place to start as any, is easy to acquire, and you don't need groups (although I cannot recommend enough getting into a premade AV for fast honor).

Also keep in mind that the guidelines are simply that - guidelines. While there are good reasons for the numbers presented, they are not an absolute. Being over in a couple categories can help take up the slack if you are under in another area in many cases, etc. (This is especially true with healers, as GH notes above).

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Going to Kara

Guys, I want to do this as a guild as soon as is possible. Healers have always been a traditional problem for us (and everyone else :laugh: ), but it seems as if that is about to end. Priest is close to levelling to 70, we have a couple people like Oob who can heal if they respec, and we also now have Droex, who hit 70, and is going to heal. He wants to be in on the first Kara as a healer - says that he'll grind out all the pvp gear quite quickly and I believe him. :laugh:

Mage Reqs/My numbers

5500 Health/9123
8500 mana/7946
+550 spell damage/+792
6% Hit/3.33%
15% Critical/*

* - My crit rating (and mana to a lesser degree) depends on many of the different trinkets I have and changes considerably, but it is very high for pve. (Warcraft is down atm - getting these numbers from the armory).

My +to hit is the one I am trying to work on, but overall Surii is quite ready for Kara. My next (and perhaps last) piece of BG gear will see the slots be devoted this stat.

The second we have our healers in place (we need 3? Or 2?) we can build the group. Who are the tanks? Klr and Sloko? We should get this going in a list and see that we have a full party, and a couple alts if required, then get it going.

I'll start a new thread...

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Re: Going to Kara

Ok, I've created a thread for signups, and added Surii into the mix. Let's work out our group makeup so we can get the other thread properly organized and see what we have, and what we need.

From what I can see so far, we need:

Tanks - pretty straightforward.

• Main Tank
  • Off-Tank
Healers - I have seen two schools of thought on this one. The first is traditional, and states 3 healers. The other idea is that two will work, if they are both Shadow Priests (Shackle). I think we're best going with 3 for now. (We don't even have 2 Shadow Priests... :laugh: )

• 3 Healers.
DPS - Also pretty straightforward - most information seems to confirm the classes listed below, although there is some flexibility.

• Mage
  • Lock
  • Hunter - Traps (17 points in survival is ideal)
  • Rogue/Enh Shammy - Melee DPS
  • Insert Class here - any class with good DPS.
Thoughts? Suggestions?

ShadowHawks

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ele shammy is mostly the best dps u can find for those fight !
in Greatness, only our S3 rogue beat our ele shammy dps which is S1 + kara geared.. so yea a Ele shammy would be the dps to get !

could easely replace the enh shammy but again it depends of the gear.

in the run I do atm we got :
2 warr ( prot )
1 pally ( me )
2 priest ( shadow and holy )
1 rogue ( pvp spec )
1 druid ( resto )
1 shammy ( ele )
1 mage ( frost or arcane )
1 lock ( affliction )

and we clear kara in about 3-4hours every tuesday w/o a wipe ! so that mix is good ( a hunter would be good too but can only replace lock which we need for illoof ).

and to hlp with the grp here a suggestion :
1st grp--> 3Healer / ele shammy / shadow priest = mass mana regen with totems and priest abilities !
2e grp--> 2tanks / mage / lock / rogue = dps grp which mostly dont need mana reg.

mr2medic

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just for your info:
klr is and always will be a tank, i'm done respecing him and thats that. plus he is to close to being set to start raid life as a tank to do anything else
Priest will be my guy with a healing set of gear (primary focus) and will also have a dps set just in case. I'm getting pretty comfortable with shadow spec and seeing as to how i have all the major talents it won't be to hard for me to go back to if its ever needed. But he will definately start his raiding life as a healer. Its the whole reason i made him anyways.

Forgot to mention this.
Since the server is down i'm working on a video i made for GH :) you should have the video by tomorrow if i can figure out how to send you an email with it

Oobie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oobie as resto: unbuffed/buffed(motw)
HP: 5884/6031
Mana: 6935/7145
+heal: 955
mp/5 (while casting): 297(153)/313(158)

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ele shammy is mostly the best dps u can find for those fight !
in Greatness, only our S3 rogue beat our ele shammy dps which is S1 + kara geared.. so yea a Ele shammy would be the dps to get !

A Beastmaster Specced hunter will be. by far, the best DPS you can get for KARA and pretty much anything else in the game until you get to T6 content.
If he gets the gun from opera event, or off doomwalker (those two are the best you can get for BM hunters until the badge reward xbow from Sunwell), he's set..he'll out DPS anyone in a kara raid even if he's wearing blues and greens. The AOE pulls will let the mages and locks pull ahead sometimes...but not often.

And you don't want a hunter to spec partially into survival as a BM spec..if he's gonna go survival, go something like 0/25/36. If he's BM (and if his unbuffed Agility is less than 600, he should be BM) then spec 41/20/0.

could easely replace the enh shammy but again it depends of the gear.

If you have a lot of melee DPS then the enhancement shaman is really a force multiplier, as is the BM hunters ferocious inspiration buff.

a hunter would be good too but can only replace lock which we need for illoof ).

Again, BM hunters are really good DPS, much more than your rogue, or ele shaman. For Ilhoof, you might think about replacing the Rogue or the Shadowpriest or ele Shaman if you have a BM hunter that knows how to DPS.

and to hlp with the grp here a suggestion :
1st grp--> 3Healer / ele shammy / shadow priest = mass mana regen with totems and priest abilities !
2e grp--> 2tanks / mage / lock / rogue = dps grp which mostly dont need mana reg.
You may gave too many healers, I'm not sure what your gear level is, but typically drop down to two healers, one resto druid and one resto shaman are probably the most efficient.

Good luck in Kara! :)

ShadowHawks

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
yea for sure that 2 healer is enough for kara ... but need a great geared grp !
Greatness usually do ZA with me and a holy priest only for heal ( execpt for 2 last boss ) so yea I would say its possible but not for a guild that is starting it.

d0ntd0it

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here is a new site I found that evaluates your player and tells you some weaknesses and oversights for a PvE raider. It provides PVE tuning hints and tips. It also tells you where your level of gear likely came from (red bar) and where your player would do well (blue bar). Take a look at it.

Be Imba!

This site also links to another light WoW Armory :

WoW Armory - Light

For DPS classes, check MaxDPS out for which gear socketed which way gives the most DPS.

Tanks

Last edited: