Kampfgruppe Scherer Players' guide : question about the charts Elevation Change on page 34

GVL

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
There are charts and illustrations on page 34 of the Kampfgruppe Scherer Players Guide about Elevation Change.
I suppose it are the MF you need to go from one hex to the other.
I just don't get the math of these MF calculations.
I miss something in the calculations, but I don't know what.
The first row says 3,5 up and 2.5 down. I should think 3 up ( 1 MF x 2) +1 (ground snow) and 2 MF down (1 + 1 ( ground snow)). What is that half MF? Is it the half MF of Deep Snow I am missing?
But why is the second row 5 MF ( 2 MF x 2 (+ 1 Ground snow ) up? And not 5.5 MF up? And down, it should be 4.5 in Deep Snow.

Are the calculations a mix of Ground Snow and Deep Snow?

Is it maybe just an illustration and not an exact calculation?

Last edited:

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hmmm, I proofed the Players Guide, I even wrote a couple of articles, but I do not remember this chart. Let me work through this as best as possible.

Elevation Change 1 - ex 1 Up is 3.5 - 2 for going up the hill, 1 for snow and the extra 1/2 for Deep Snow; down reflects the same but just 1 for snow and 1/2 for Deep. 2nd part - the cost is 5,4 for going up into woods plus 1 for snow (not there is an exception to the 1/2 in rule E3.733. The Down part shows going into a woods gully - +1, then +1 for snow, and + 1/2 for deep snow.

I believe that all are for Deep Snow.