Kamikaze Elmer

Boonierat

Biệt Ðộng Quân
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Anyone knows if theres a way to make sure the PO will always attack an objective, whatever the odds? :clown:

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
You can also set the PO strategic bias to berserk - but it won't work on a formation basis, it'll rather affect the whole force.

Boonierat

Biệt Ðộng Quân
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
You can also set the PO strategic bias to berserk - but it won't work on a formation basis, it'll rather affect the whole force.
Thanks Marc, that might be a solution, how does Berserk strategic bias affects the PO exactly?

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Exactly would be beyond my reach - as I can't recall a place where this feature was ever explained in detail :hush:, but combining an aggressive PO strategic bias and an Ignore Losses formation loss tolerance usually ensures your PO-controlled formation will do its utmost to carry out its mission, regardless of odds and casualties.

Try testing this in combination with Advance or Attack orders to see which one fits best into your design.

You can revert back to a less aggressive strategic bias with another event if you don't want the PO to always be on the offensive.

ralphtrickey

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It makes it more willing to attack and sets everyone to "ignore losses".
If they're outnumbered 'locally' (by units within a radius of about 9 hexes, give or take), or globally(on the map) you're going to have to do some things like that to convince Elmer to attack.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hmmm. How big a factor does that play in the PO's calculations? As an extreme example, if I took a side in a scenario that already has numerical superiority, and broke everything down into 1/3rds of a unit, would that make a (somewhat significant) difference to the PO's overall strategy? Would it be even noticeable?

ralphtrickey

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hmmm. How big a factor does that play in the PO's calculations? As an extreme example, if I took a side in a scenario that already has numerical superiority, and broke everything down into 1/3rds of a unit, would that make a (somewhat significant) difference to the PO's overall strategy? Would it be even noticeable?
It probably wouldn't make any difference, I believe Elmer looks at overall equipment strength, not at how they're broken up.

ralphtrickey

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Marc, that might be a solution, how does Berserk strategic bias affects the PO exactly?
There is an option polog that you can place on the command-line, or change the ini file to have polog=Y instead of N.

Either one will cause a po log to be created in the saves directory that has details on why Elmer makes some of the decisions that he makes. I tried to make it more readable than the COW version. There's also a unitpolog option that's probably way to detailed for your use.

Have fun with it, and let me know if you have any problems.
Ralph