Kakazu Ridge HASL Map and Suicide Creek HASL Map now on Wargame Vault

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Are they intended to be printed? What size of printer would one need for that?

ColinJ

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Are they intended to be printed? What size of printer would one need for that?
Both maps are around 30" x 30", so you would need access to a large format plotter. Staples and the UPS stores in Canada have the capacity to do the printing for you. If you know someone in the surveying/engineering/architecture business, they can get you pointed to a print shop. Watch the type of paper you use, better paper = more money. We have printed maps for our field staff on "canvas", which is expensive, but tough, ink/dye doesn't flake off, and it's very water-resistant.

The other option is to be good with match lines, tape, and scissors!

Good Luck!

igycrctl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When will the Primosole Bridge map be printed?

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Both maps are around 30" x 30", so you would need access to a large format plotter. Staples and the UPS stores in Canada have the capacity to do the printing for you. If you know someone in the surveying/engineering/architecture business, they can get you pointed to a print shop.
Thanks!

I already know a place where I can make large copies of HASL maps as backup; they should be able to do this for me when we're out of lockdown. I just wanted to make sure the file was precise enough that the result would look good.

(Now I really need to find a way to store and protect those large format mapsheets)

kingruff

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have the HASL maps laminated at my local FedEx store and store them in an artist’s portfolio.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I have the HASL maps laminated at my local FedEx store and store them in an artist’s portfolio.
Well, my problem is finding a large enough portfolio (they're not laminated, but I'd like to avoid folding the copies). I bought the largest one that I could find, and some maps are still a bit too large.

kingruff

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It took a fair bit of research, but I was able to find a portfolio that accommodated my largest HASL map: Operation Watchtower/Edson Ridge at 30” X 42”. I am using the largest size of the Alvin Elegance Portfolio-Black-34” X 42”. I purchased it from Dick Blick in the U.S.

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Try a large diameter tube, they are much easier to stow away in a closet and they are quite cheap.

Bill_Dozer

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Scott, great to hear that the Primosole Bridge map is on the to-do list!

Are you also likely to create Wargame Vault resources for Hell's Corner and Singling from Operations Special Issues as well?