sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Is Klaus Fischer still in ASL?
It has been almost 20 years... is he still alive?

Steve Swann

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Is Klaus Fischer still in ASL?
It has been almost 20 years... is he still alive?

Steve Swann
He is alive but no longer active in the ASL hobby. The last time I saw him was at GRENADIER 2018, where he just stopped by for a day to chat.

After he left ASL, which is a good number of years ago, he indulged himself in bulding quite astounding miniature dioramas for table top games such as Warhammer. I never use FB, so I don't know about his activities there - this may be his account there. Here are two other links, but these are quite old:

I regret, that he has left the ASL hobby. I still remember getting the red hot new Onslaught on Orsha 1st edtition by HoB from him. Before that, he ran some team double-blinds at GRENADIER which were awesome fun.

von Marwitz

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Thank you for the update.
As I am not a Facebook fan, the info is a help.
It is regrettable that he left ASL as he produced some good stuff, even now still being developed.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think after the german authorities raided his house because they thought ASL was a nazi game, so after that incident he left the hobby.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
He is well. I am in touch with him on FB and he helped me out finding the map for his Three Castle Bridge scenario.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I think after the german authorities raided his house because they thought ASL was a nazi game, so after that incident he left the hobby.
This is not quite correct. The German authorities don't have an issue with ASL. They do have an issue with the use of Nazi symbology, the use of which is illegal in Germany.

The problem was, that some HoB scenarios used such symbology on the scenario cards (unit symbols and depicted SS-runes on the SS-units depicted on the scenario card).

I am not really sure if the authorities have some margin of discretion to determine whether or not the minuscule use of SS-runes on 658s makes the entire product a 'no-no'. What I do know is that I once bought a shrink-wrapped copy of BV and found that all SS-runes on the counters had indiviudally been blotted out by black marker. And other copies which had not.

von Marwitz