K/1 vs armored HT with passenger

PZchala

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
An armored HT with a 348 passenger drives CE down the road. They are fired upon by a 9-2/458 stack at long-range, 2 flat, and a K/1 results on the IFT.

Must a random selection roll be made between the crew and the passenger 348 to determine who gets the CR part of the K/1?

PZchala

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes; see A7.307.

Both the 348 and the exposed crew are eligible targets
Very good, that is what I wanted to hear. It's how I played it and it ain't my HT! :D

PZchala

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
NRBH, but I think so. Why wouldn't you use RS?
No real reason, really. The thought that it was a random selection situation didn't occur to me right off, so I looked through D6 and D5, and even D.8, and I was somewhat convinced it was a RS. I rolled it up, the crew "won" and the HT will get recalled as a result, and the 348 failed the 1MC.

So, I stopped the log. That is the first log from my opponent (hi Roger!), in my first game vs this opponent, and my first IFT DR vs this opponent. Ever.

Guess i got a little bit of that ol' good DR VASL dicbot doubt going!

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
bprobst said:
NRBH, but I think so. Why wouldn't you use RS?
When would note 1 of the Collateral Attack Table (D.5) come into play?

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Brian W said:
When would note 1 of the Collateral Attack Table (D.5) come into play?
C7.42. Shock affects Crew and any Passengers equally, but Riders may be exposed to a Collateral Attack.

D5.34. A Stunned Crew causes any Passengers to also BU, but Riders may be exposed to a Collateral Attack.

Not sure what any of this has to do with the RS question, though ....

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
bprobst said:
Not sure what any of this has to do with the RS question, though ....
If the crew is stunned, do the (now BU) passengers still take the collateral attack? Note 1 seems to say no.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Brian W said:
If the crew is stunned, do the (now BU) passengers still take the collateral attack? Note 1 seems to say no.
NRBH, but I don't agree. I think Note 1 is telling you what happens to Riders when stuff happens to the crew/passengers. I don't think it's relevant in the case under discussion here: simple IFT fire vs. crew and passengers, the fire affects them simultaneously, so the crew may or may not be Pinned/Stunned and the Passengers may or may not end up Pinned/broken.

I don't recall any suggestion that the result on the crew in any way spares the passengers from the attack, or vice-versa.

If there was some way of attacking the CE crew that doesn't also attack the CE passengers simultaneously you may have a point, but I can't offhand think of any way that could happen.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
D6.62 (V.1) --

Such halftrack Passengers are not subject to Stun; they must become BU instead and broken if they also fail a MC.

So
The thought that it was a random selection situation didn't occur to me right off, so I looked through D6 and D5, and even D.8, and I was somewhat convinced it was a RS. I rolled it up, the crew "won" and the HT will get recalled as a result, and the 348 failed the 1MC.
played it right.