Königsberg has arrived!

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My copy of the Battle of Koenigsburg has arrived! Great job George! Everything looks top notch. I love the changes you made to the various OBs. I have to say I miss the Kraut rocket half tracks but they weren’t really practical (but cool chrome). I can’t wait to get this on the table after Winter Offensive (reserved for DASL).

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Königsberg – The Bear’s Revenge - Is this what you are talking about? How did you manage to get this? You can't even order it on the LCP site yet.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
^ likely a playtesters copy. IIRC he was a playtester and was his post on a playtest AAR that sold me on a copy even though I still have, even years later, complete burnout from late war Urban ASL. Two years of Berlin CG playtest will do that to you.
My copy of the Battle of Koenigsburg has arrived! Great job George! Everything looks top notch. I love the changes you made to the various OBs. I have to say I miss the Kraut rocket half tracks but they weren’t really practical (but cool chrome). I can’t wait to get this on the table after Winter Offensive (reserved for DASL).
that is a shame I suppose. Chrome is what can really seperate a good HASL from a great one. I did order this on your praise via that playtest AAR. It looks interesting.

oh and yeah man. Those halftrack rockets rule. You have them and get to use them in Leningrad. Just last night I had a KV1 do it's 1941 thing and rolled all over all in its way with a yawn until one of those HT rocket carriers left nothing to tell it was there but a large crater...

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Received my copy Saturday. I am most impressed by the map detail for the stone/wooden rubble and the debris. It is some of the most realistic, chrome-y map art I have seen. The enlarged hexes are cool too. Hoping he can do all of his future maps at this scale. I would have accepted a larger table footprint for the Race To The Meuse map if he had made the hexes larger.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I am most impressed by the map detail for the stone/wooden rubble and the debris. It is some of the most realistic, chrome-y map art I have seen. The enlarged hexes are cool too. Hoping he can do all of his future maps at this scale. I would have accepted a larger table footprint for the Race To The Meuse map if he had made the hexes larger.
Contrast the wooden rubble of the horse stables with the stone rubble of the artillery school.

Diggin the detail on the out-of-season orchards too. Artwork for the Gutted churches also looks very crisp.

The 3D building artwork in the rules is novel. The roofless Gutted Building looks like it would benefit from a (floor) collapse rule.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The 3-D building artwork is an attractive upgrade from the old line drawings in Chapter B.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Contrast the wooden rubble of the horse stables with the stone rubble of the artillery school.

Diggin the detail on the out-of-season orchards too. Artwork for the Gutted churches also looks very crisp.

View attachment 11572

The 3D building artwork in the rules is novel. The roofless Gutted Building looks like it would benefit from a (floor) collapse rule.

View attachment 11574
OMG! Is that version 3?

thively

Reaction score
Received my copy Monday. Map sheets look very good, very impressive map art. Scenarios and chapter all look nice on first look. The counters though are a bit disappointing. Hard to read the information on some of the vehicles, especially the FT tanks. I cannot see the values in the small red print. Also, my Russian counters are clearly two shades of brown, they don't look like the website examples.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
mine arrived today.. first 5 minute impressions...mixed opinion on the counters..and the map. Better than some in some ways.. not as good as some in others. Like the diversity in the 6 scenarios.. from massive to pissant..

I'll look closely at the SSR and CG and see what that looks like. I'll try to toss off a review tomorrow..