Jutland

mbv

Reaction score
Country
ll
Yup - just got the email tonight :) Damn, now I will have to buy a whole new library to research this period :laugh:

WallysWorld

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Looking at the screenshots, one thing that was added was reflections of the ships on the water. DG just had shadows, but it looks like Jutland will have reflections.

Lempereur1

Kapellmeister
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
JUTLAND New Features

Wally:

JUTLAND does have reflections in the water!

And each ship has a unique bow wave as well.

Models are as much as 3 times the polygons as the RJW.

More feature peaks next week!

Lempereur1

Kapellmeister
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Requirements

Yes they will.

We have increased render speed again and spent it on all kinds of cool Sh_t!

mbv

Reaction score
Country
ll
The textures seem to give the ships a more weathered look than they had in Distant Guns too. Very nice! By the way Jim, one of those screens on the main Stormeagle Jutland page just shows a repeat image of one of the others when the thumbnail is clicked.

Heinz Fischer

CCIP @ Subsim.com
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thank you ;)

Was pleased to get it in the mail today! I passed word of this to the Subsim forums right away, and I hope to see this one in the headlines of all the sim and wargaming sites come tomorrow.

Hope it picks up some interest in DG from the people that missed it, as well. :D

Lempereur1

Kapellmeister
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Alot of people passed over DG:RJW becasue of past RJW games from other companies.

The DG campaign game is so awsome that anyone who does get into it finds that its the best naval sim they have ever played!

WallysWorld

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The DG campaign game is so awsome that anyone who does get into it finds that its the best naval sim they have ever played!
Hear! Hear!

The only naval sim that comes close to DG is SSI's old "Great Battles" series. I played the North Atlantic campaign from the German side many times.

Heinz Fischer

CCIP @ Subsim.com
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I still have to admit I kind of dream of an even wider WWI campaign than just Jutland, but Jutland will do! You have to admit though that there's plenty else in WWI that could potentially be done in this engine, but NOT before Jutland!

Admittably I've always been a bit partial to raiding operations (not surprising since I love sub sims) and the chases related to them. Eh, perhaps in another title ;)

Haida

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Awesome! Looking forward to it.

In answer to "Can you guess the names of the above ships?", clockwise from top left:

1. (Hinchinbrooke already got it) - Tiger
2. - Seydlitz
3. - Kaiser class
4. - Nassau class

Hinchinbrooke

Reaction score
Country
ll
Question for Jim and Norm:

With such a large battle are you planning to model every class, i.e., a separate Neptune (as opposed to Colossus/Hercules), or KGV's (as opposed to Iron Dukes), etc., etc.................. Obviously, I hope you do, along with Agincourt, Canada and Erin, but that's quite the task............. just on the British side.

caseyjay

Reaction score
Country
ll
Woke up this morning and saw SGS email ... Jutland??
.. so I slapped my face ... and it hurt!!
.. so Im not dreaming!! it's real!!

If I had a tail I would be suffering RSI by now :laugh:

Norm and the rest of you guys at SGS, thank you ad infinitum :cool:

Mish

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I bought Distant Guns in respect of Norm and his brilliant idea and efforts to create the game of pre-dreadnought age. And I hoped my money would be used in improving this game. What I would buy is the add-on with bug fixed (still lots to fix in this game), map editor, campaign/battle editor and pre-dreadnought fleets of the other countries rather then Russia and Japan.

As for the Jutland - I'm sorry but I'm not interested. :(