Just wondering

Danish

CyberASL Open Tournament Director
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Chas

Just wondering why Starter Kit Scenarios S7, S18 and S19 are free for download when S8 and S17 are not.
They are all from OoP Operations Magazines (#46 through #50).
What gives?

Sorry if this has been answered before.

Cheers
Kenneth

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Excellent question. My guess is that no one has simply gotten around to adding the others. I'll check on it.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Apart from S8 and S17, the only others that I am missing are S28, S29 and S32.

Anyone know where they came from? Operations also?

Danish

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Apart from S8 and S17, the only others that I am missing are S28, S29 and S32.

Anyone know where they came from? Operations also?
Operations Magazine #51, 52 and 53 respectfully.

Danish

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark

Danish

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
And now we are at it, why are the Streets of Fire scenarios available, while the Hedgerow Hell scenarios are not?

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are you suggesting we take down S7, S18 and S19 and the HH scenarios? ;)
I think you meant the Streets of Fire (SF) scenarios..... There are no HH scenarios available on the MMP website; unless they are hidden in the Festung MMP Dungeon.....

Danish

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Are you suggesting we take down S7, S18 and S19 and the HH scenarios? ;)
No, I asked why have some but not others. What is the rationale behind it?

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Why some free stuff and not even more free stuff?

Every bit they give away merits a thanks, IMO. They're under no obligation to put any of it up for download.

S

prymus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I won't speak for Danish, but my guess is that he is appreciative. Really no need to act a jerk just because the guy asks a question. By the way, do you know that he hasn't already said thanks, or is he expected to say thanks every time he posts an MMP remark/querry? Just wondering.
It makes perfect sense to me to wonder why some and not others.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The OOP items were placed on the website about 2 years ago.

Since then, other items have become OOP, but a good business decision must be made about providing "free" items.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I won't speak for Danish, but my guess is that he is appreciative. Really no need to act a jerk just because the guy asks a question. By the way, do you know that he hasn't already said thanks, or is he expected to say thanks every time he posts an MMP remark/querry? Just wondering.
It makes perfect sense to me to wonder why some and not others.
Was not my intention... It's just easy to think that some OOP being up for download creates an obligation to do more of the same when it does not. I am overly sensitive to entitlement and may have read something that wasn't there. Looking back, Danish did frame this as "just wondering." Danish, apologies if I offended.

S

Danish

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
The OOP items were placed on the website about 2 years ago.

Since then, other items have become OOP, but a good business decision must be made about providing "free" items.
Hi Kevin
As I recall, both Deluxe modules were OoP two years ago. I'm not sure about the Operations Magazines though.
There must have been a meeting at MMP where they decided to put some of it up for download. There must have been an argument over what goes up and what doesn't, For instance, it could be that MMP doesn't even have the HH scenarios in a decent quality, with it being an Avalon Hill production.
The support page has been up now for a long time, but it was only now that I wondered about it.

It seems that Perry and others perhaps thinks that I'm asking for freebees here, but that is not the intention at all. Also thanks to those who have offered me various scenarios by PM, but I already own all the official scenarios myself (except for a few obscure starter kit scenarios).

Personally I would like to see the interesting scenarios republished under the "Out of the Attic" theme and perhaps rebalanced if needed. Grognards can choose not to buy them and leave them for the completists and newbies to aquire. Then putting up all non-supported material for download (such as the Deluxe stuff, but not the Starter Kit stuff).
The current downloads seem just all over the place - which made me wonder.

Perhaps I should just wonder for myself and not out loud ;)

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Kevin
As I recall, both Deluxe modules were OoP two years ago. I'm not sure about the Operations Magazines though.
There must have been a meeting at MMP where they decided to put some of it up for download. There must have been an argument over what goes up and what doesn't, For instance, it could be that MMP doesn't even have the HH scenarios in a decent quality, with it being an Avalon Hill production.
The support page has been up now for a long time, but it was only now that I wondered about it.

It seems that Perry and others perhaps thinks that I'm asking for freebees here, but that is not the intention at all. Also thanks to those who have offered me various scenarios by PM, but I already own all the official scenarios myself (except for a few obscure starter kit scenarios).

Personally I would like to see the interesting scenarios republished under the "Out of the Attic" theme and perhaps rebalanced if needed. Grognards can choose not to buy them and leave them for the completists and newbies to aquire. Then putting up all non-supported material for download (such as the Deluxe stuff, but not the Starter Kit stuff).
The current downloads seem just all over the place - which made me wonder.

Perhaps I should just wonder for myself and not out loud ;)
Danish,

Always speak your mind. Censorship should not prevent you from speaking your thoughts.

You might help some folks out with a word or thought.

Just don't talk too loud around Psycho, his feelings can be hurt rather easily.

Danish

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
So to close this one off, I guess Perry's very short "answer" can be extrapolated into:
Either A) MMP don't have a rationale for what goes up,
or B) MMP don't want to tell us about it ;)