Just ordered DA

Trigger Happy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi,
I just ordered the game mostly for a friend of mine who is a logistic guy. I wondered if the game portrays accurately the logistical side of operations and to what extent. And what other games do?

Also, is there any plan for a sequel or is there still some support on the game?

thanks

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
There is still support for the game...anything HPS actively sells is supported. :cool:

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
The logistics system is somewhat abstract, but it does do a pretty good job of modeling supply at this level of combat. In fact, in some ways it does a better job than more mainstream wargames.

DA is very different than most other wargames you have played in the past. It looks different, it feels different, and it plays different. It looks very complicated on the surface, however, this is mostly due to the antiquated interface and clumsy command system. The game also assumes you are familiar with standard Army terminology as there are a lot of acronyms floating around.

If you can look past the interface and deal with the abstract nature of the combat, there is quite a game here. DA offers a fairly detailed look at operational-level combat on the modern battlefield and there is a lot to like in the battles.