Just managed to get the 111 build

switch_back

Reaction score
Country
ll
Mark as a side note, have you heard anything on the when the scenario editor might be fixed?, as I have some great ideas for scenarios for the game, that uses the full potential of the game mechanics.

POA2 could soon need more scenarios to fully test the game out, and im more than happy to pull them together! :D

cbelva

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The scenario editor is working with build 113. I have made several scenarios for my own use. However, I would hold off on making any "official" scenarios until the program is at a state that we can declare it "out of beta". One of the problems with the stock scenarios is that the program has gone thru so many changes, I don't know how well we can trust them. I recommended to Scott long ago that a new set of scenarios be put together once the program has reached an acceptable level.

switch_back

Reaction score
Country
ll
Thanks for the update, I guess I must have patched the game wrong or something, it just im getting C++ errors in the editor, looks like my bad on this one ;)

I will re-install the game and patches and see if I can get it going.

As per your advice, I wont attempt any official scenarios yet, but once it is out of Beta, I will get working on it, for now how-ever I will use the editor for testing game mechanics ( once I get it working that is ).

Thanks mate :D

switch_back

Reaction score
Country
ll
Ok after a fresh install im now able to access the mission editor properly, which is alot more stable for sure, when I get some proper time, i'll have to sit down and try some stuff out. :D

Cougar_DK

Former POA2 Thread Keeper
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Glad to hear Terry, can't wait to check your scenarios out! And please make some small ones too.... not everything has to be WWIII :p

switch_back

Reaction score
Country
ll
Yeah there gonna have to be small, im quite limited anyway because of the size of the maps, we need some good map makers bringing some maps out :D

XRAY

Reaction score
Country
ll
The shortage of maps has cropped up before.

Out of a very limited band of Map Makers, Tiberius (Tim) is probably one of the most proficient.

The problem is that map production is very time consuming and I fear that Tim is up to his eyes in University not to mention beta testing (including online play with Gary) and is unable fit it in.:(

Perhaps when POA2 is finished he will find time? :cheeky:

switch_back

Reaction score
Country
ll
Tis a damn shame, Ive probably said before but we are going to need more than fixs to get POA2 up to polish, but yes It is an issue of time. I would love to spend the time making maps, but im rubbish at it, so im not even going try. I can come up with some good scenarios though, which is what I will stick to.

Tiberius is a damn good map maker, I particularly like the Landing zone X-ray map, I intend on putting together a vietnam style battle on this map at some point. It is a shame that there are so few capable map makers for POA2, im sure things will pick up when POA2 is fully ready for action :D

Anyway we shall see what the future brings, and I am confident that everything will fall into place at some point, all we have to do is be patient.

I promise I wont let you guys down in the scenario department :D

I intend on implementing air operations management into a few scenarios which will be interesting, as I have tested a few things out, and the possilities are very surprising, you will not be dis-appointed. I wondered also how far POA2 will be able to extend into naval operations, this I will have to test with a good coastal map :D .