Just managed to get the 111 build

switch_back

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi guys,

Ive just managed to get hold of the 111 buold for POA2 ( how slow )

Im very impressed the game seems alot more stable now, I havent tried the mission editor yet, but i'll give it a go at some point.

Im still getting one or two C++ errors, but it only seems to happen when the combat report is running, when environment variables are checked and AI movement orders are being processed.

Other than that, helos are working and all the rest of the gubbins seems to do its job, a big thumbs up for this one, im truely impressed. :D

how are you beta-testers finding it?

XRAY

Reaction score
Country
ll
Your only two builds behind the testers Terry and I’ve a feeling that a new build is due any day now. You are quite correct, the game is much more stable but bugs still pop up now and again and Scott is continuing to track them down.

I’m not to sure but I think the mission editor crashes in build 111 but works fine in 113.

switch_back

Reaction score
Country
ll
Thats good news indeed mate im looking forward to it, I wanted to start making some new scenarios :D im getting a bit bored of the stock ones :(

switch_back

Reaction score
Country
ll
Thanks Mark, I really appreciate that, now I can have some good fiddling time with the mission editor *rubbing hands* :D

switch_back

Reaction score
Country
ll
Damn I think I need those latest data tables you were talking about Mark, every time I assign artillery or the AI calculates movement orders the program goes to "not responding". where can I get them, I couldnt see them on the HPS site.

switch_back

Reaction score
Country
ll
In case it happens to be the scenario, it is scenario 3 the Korean one, I appreciate the help Mark.

Cougar_DK

Former POA2 Thread Keeper
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Hi Terry, sorry for the delay. But to make sure that you have the right files in the right order, my suggestion to you is to do the following:

- Backup any savegames/scenarios you wanna keep.
- Uninstall POA2.
- Delete the folder.
- Reinstall POA2.
- Download version "POA v2.02 (Beta) Complete Update (Build 72)" from the HPS site. I guess you already has this file. And apply it.
- Then download build 102 from here (12mb!). And apply it.
- And then finally apply build 113.

I hope this does it for you. Can't wait to hear from you.

Cheers
Mark

RedMike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, samething happens to me when I try test playing scenario 3...hangs up. Been like that for a couple or maybe three builds now. Currently playing with build 113 and the correct data files too.

RedMike OUT

Cougar_DK

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Sorry for not responding to the scenario part. I know that Scott know that scenario 1 is broken too. I will check scenario 3 out when I get home and report to Scott, if you hasn't done this.

But this is THE problem with being a beta tester :devil:. Something works and something dosn't!

Mark

switch_back

Reaction score
Country
ll
Cougar_DK said:
Hi Terry, sorry for the delay. But to make sure that you have the right files in the right order, my suggestion to you is to do the following:

- Backup any savegames/scenarios you wanna keep.
- Uninstall POA2.
- Delete the folder.
- Reinstall POA2.
- Download version "POA v2.02 (Beta) Complete Update (Build 72)" from the HPS site. I guess you already has this file. And apply it.
- Then download build 102 from here (12mb!). And apply it.
- And then finally apply build 113.

I hope this does it for you. Can't wait to hear from you.

Cheers
Mark
Ok bad news Mark,

I followed the above steps to the letter twice. It completely messed the program up, complaining constantley about corrupt .Gun .Wpn and other data files. I didnt get this however when I just installed B111 on top of V2.01 and then added B113, but sure enough it doesnt fix the not responding problem.

Sorry Mark, thanks for helping though :D

Terry

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
switch_back said:
Ok bad news Mark,

I followed the above steps to the letter twice. It completely messed the program up, complaining constantley about corrupt .Gun .Wpn and other data files. I didnt get this however when I just installed B111 on top of V2.01 and then added B113, but sure enough it doesnt fix the not responding problem.

Terry
I am returning the game as soon as I get home.

I wanted to play a wargame, not a file stacking game.

Cougar_DK

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Redwolf said:
I am returning the game as soon as I get home.

I wanted to play a wargame, not a file stacking game.
Please close the door on your way out.

All of the above is for BETA testing, and if you don't want that then play build 72 or return the game.

Cougar_DK

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
switch_back said:
Ok bad news Mark,

Terry
Damn, sorry for wasting your bandwith Terry, but I'm glad you figured it out. I guess I don't have the problem because I have applied all the different patches since Build 76 when Scott released them.

And I can confirm that the its the build 111 you have to apply first to your 2.01 version since it has the updated data tables. And then build 113 since its "only" a exe fix.
I get the same error in scenario 3 like you and others. I will report it to Scott.

Mark

Last edited:

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have actually stuck around longer than most and still have POA loaded and fire it up periodically. But the point being made is this death of a 1000 cuts. It is not easy getting the builds and if anyone complains, the retort is well than don't beta test. Not like you have much choice...go back to the last offical release and tell me its playable. So the choice becomes; use an unplayable version, leave, or shut up.

How many people have actually managed to play an entire scenario through to the end, in any build. I have tried to play a couple of the builds and, while some things are fixed, a number of new breaks show up. The answer back is usually the complexity of the sim. Well if that's the case, even though I hope to the contrary, we will be into 4-digit builds to get something usable.

I would much rather write off my $100 and push HPS to focus on finally getting some much needed Squad Battles modules out.

btw, I am willing to put $ on 115 not fixing the problems, as a matter of fact, I'll even put money on new problems coming up over 113.

Last edited:

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cougar_DK said:
Please close the door on your way out.

All of the above is for BETA testing, and if you don't want that then play build 72 or return the game.
Oh, sure, and that is why the officially available patches install cleanly in one step. Not...

switch_back

Reaction score
Country
ll
Cougar_DK said:
Damn, sorry for wasting your bandwith Terry, but I'm glad you figured it out. I guess I don't have the problem because I have applied all the different patches since Build 76 when Scott released them.

And I can confirm that the its the build 111 you have to apply first to your 2.01 version since it has the updated data tables. And then build 113 since its "only" a exe fix.
I get the same error in scenario 3 like you and others. I will report it to Scott.

Mark
Thanks Mark, I appreciate the help, let me know how you get on.

[The rest of you]

On another note, without meaning disrespect, if you have nothing useful to put into this thread other than b******g about POA2, open one up to do it on!
I am trying to get some help here and discuss the current build and upcoming builds it is not helpful for it to be broken up with negative un-helpful crap, so I would appreciate it, if you would please not hi-jack this thread anymore.

No offence meant...

Thank you

Last edited: