just got a 360

streetballa

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thats a router, I fail to see why you would want to replace the router you already have?

Maybe im missing something here?
yeah tht i wasnt allowed to move my router upstairs from ma moms office but now I am so nevermind

psp_fan

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
thx for the attitude:lier:
anywayz lots of videos on youtube say broken xbox 360 and they show when you turn on the power button it flashes red.What is wrong with the xbox?what does the red light mean?

Bootaaay

Nibelung Valesti
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If 3 of the 4 quadrents on the power button flash red then it means your 360 is defective and will need to be sent back to Microsoft for repairs - earlier 360s are unreliable and can overheat so MS extended the warranty of all 360s by a year.

streetballa

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
yo i just got my xbox 360 n since i kept it in a room with a tv n a treadmill n a dvdv player ppl always kik me outta the room. I have a 17" LCD computer monitor and a 17" normal citizen TV which should I hook my Xbox 360 into?

streetballa

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
thx for the attitude:lier:
anywayz lots of videos on youtube say broken xbox 360 and they show when you turn on the power button it flashes red.What is wrong with the xbox?what does the red light mean?
No problem ur welcome :laugh:

streetballa

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
im kinda a noob with my 360 i juss got it but is the controller only supposed to have 1 of four quadrents lighted up in green?

Bootaaay

Nibelung Valesti
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yeah, that shows which controller port the pad is asigned to. Also, in referrence to your earlier question, get the 360 VGA cable and plug it into your LCD monitor - that way you can play your 360 in hi-def.

streetballa

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yeah, that shows which controller port the pad is asigned to. Also, in referrence to your earlier question, get the 360 VGA cable and plug it into your LCD monitor - that way you can play your 360 in hi-def.
thts really sick but how can I play hdtv on it when its an LCD Moniter?

Last edited:

Bootaaay

Nibelung Valesti
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Because it's an LCD monitor it can display at higher resolutions than a standard tv - I used to use my 360 on a 17'' lcd with the VGA cable and it looked much much better than through a standard tv.

streetballa

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
at the moment I am using it on an lcd tv but i must move it to my computer screen which is also lcd but 17" not 42" will it still look nice? Because the LCD tv i use right now doesnt let me view the 360 in HDTV

streetballa

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
ok thanks but will it play in HD because I am going to get an AV HD Cable or somthing like that I forgot what its called will it look nice in a small screen?

Dragon2611

I am me!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
ok thanks but will it play in HD because I am going to get an AV HD Cable or somthing like that I forgot what its called will it look nice in a small screen?
it will look great 480p - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia standard definition tv resolution is 720x576 which will get stretched to fit the tv.

Where as computer monitors will do much higher resoution my current monitor (19" hanns.g hw191D you can pick one up fairly cheaply (they are under £150 here in the uk great monitor :p ) will do 1440x900, the closest the xbox supports to that is 1360x780 although most of the time it switches to 1280x780 (eqivilent of 720p HDTV :cool: )

i had a 17" LCD monitor before this one and i ran the xbox at 1280x1024 just fine.

the vga cable acccessory consisits of the VGA D- type plug (like the one that goes in teh back of your pc) and adaptor to make it fit if your monitor cable is non detatacable (otherwise it just goes in the back of the monitor) you then have the red/white phono connectors to plug the sound into your speakers/hi-fi or whatever and an adaptor to convert them into a 3.5mm jack.

If you wish to connect it directly to pc speakers you may need a male>female adaptor which should cost less than $5

thats with the offical VGA cable i have no idea about the 3rd party ones

streetballa

Reaction score
Country
llCanada

Dragon2611

I am me!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
im getting this one http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10081802&catid=23556 (for my VGA Cable) i thinks its first party. I'll pick up the phono things too. n i just hook my ethernet cable into the back of my pc and it runs fine rite? also will my pc also be running when the xbox is hooked in or will it always have to be changed from moniter n xbox 360? N my monitor only does upto 1024x768 no higher :(
if your connecting to live though your pc then the pc will have to be on, and yeah you will have to unplug the monitor from the pc unless you have a monitor with multiple inputs or a KVM device (not sure which ones would work with the 360)

Dragon2611

I am me!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
is there any way I can change my gamertag?

on the orginal xbox you couldn't but im pretty sure when they upgraded live for the 360 they changed it so you can, look in the account management options i think its there.

psp_fan

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
"streetballa" tell me ur gamertag so ill add you
btw are you still home sikk