just got a 360

psp_fan

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
ok i know this is a dumb question but is the gamertag the thing with ur achievemens and gamer points and gamerpicture?

Dragon2611

I am me!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
ok i know this is a dumb question but is the gamertag the thing with ur achievemens and gamer points and gamerpicture?
yes, you gametag is simply what microsoft call your username on live ;)

psp_fan

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
ok sure btw you guyz probably might not see me playing online in a lot of games yet cause all i have so far is the game i got with the xbox 360 ghost recon and i borrowed nba live 06 from my friend....btw what do you think should be the first game i get besides gears of war

oh yeah and 1 more question
i have a wireless controller and how do i know when the batteries low cause my middle xbox button keeps on flashing diagnally
like 1 and 4 players glow is glowing and then 2 and 3 players glow is glowing
does tht mean the batteries low?

Last edited:

Dragon2611

I am me!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
ok sure btw you guyz probably might not see me playing online in a lot of games yet cause all i have so far is the game i got with the xbox 360 ghost recon and i borrowed nba live 06 from my friend....btw what do you think should be the first game i get besides gears of war

oh yeah and 1 more question
i have a wireless controller and how do i know when the batteries low cause my middle xbox button keeps on flashing diagnally
like 1 and 4 players glow is glowing and then 2 and 3 players glow is glowing
does tht mean the batteries low?
i have Ghost recon + the map pack ;)

And yes that flashing means your batteries are running low, the other way to tell is if you press the xbox guide button (the one in the middle of the controller) when the panel appears theres a battery icon in the top left that shows how much battery left in the controller (although im not convinced its all that accurate)

streetballa

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Confuzed

yo lilninja u said tht u can hook the ethernet cable into ur comp or router but ma router is in ma momz office so i cant hook it into tha router n the tv is away from tha comp so whut do i do??

Dragon2611

I am me!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
yo lilninja u said tht u can hook the ethernet cable into ur comp or router but ma router is in ma momz office so i cant hook it into tha router n the tv is away from tha comp so whut do i do??
either buy the xbox360 wireleess adaptor (£60 :surprise: ) or buy a set of homeplug adaptors (again £50 - £100) or use a long ethernet cable?

Or this *MIGHT* work eBay.co.uk: Netgear WGPS606 Wifi Wireless Bridge Print Server (item 120072368786 end time 08-Jan-07 17:42:00 GMT) (thats a refurb one btw) im still trying to get confirmation as to wether this would work or not.

streetballa

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
whuts a homeplug adapter?

my house has wireless networking like really powerful so if i hook my xbox 360 into a laptop or sth wud it work? or wud it be better to use a desktop?

Dragon2611

I am me!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
A homeplug adaptor is a powerline based technolgy it uses your houses electical wiring to transfer data.

It should work if u you connection sharing on the laptop, however you may get issues with trying to host games due to an effect known as double NATTING.

streetballa

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A homeplug adaptor is a powerline based technolgy it uses your houses electical wiring to transfer data.

It should work if u you connection sharing on the laptop, however you may get issues with trying to host games due to an effect known as double NATTING.
but itll still work to join games n use xbox live rite?? Will this work? I need to know ASAP cuz im picking up ma 360 soon:

Netgear WGT634U 108Mbps 802.11g 4-Port CableDSL Wireless Media Router in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

lilninja

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hey streetballa i use a 20 metre ethernet cable and that works fine.

streetballa

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hey streetballa i use a 20 metre ethernet cable and that works fine.
Yeah but my router is all the way downstairs and my computer is in another room so my parents will say no to putting it through the hallway

Is GRAW a good game?

Last edited:

Dragon2611

I am me!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Last edited:

lilninja

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Streetballa all you need to do is connect your 360 to laptop via ethernet and if that laptop has a broadband connection your done!

psp_fan

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
yo streetballa r u you know who lol?

Last edited:

psp_fan

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
imran i cannot believe you answered in the same forum as mine
you got your 360 early
btw its you know who lol

Last edited:

streetballa

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Wow smart ur giving our first names lol w.e yeah i know no duhh... n no i didnt get it early but im getting it today n i researched it a lil bit