Jungle Road Transformations

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Many PTO scenarios will state that roads exist. The VASL terrain transformations handle this. Except that I cannot seem to have Woods-Roads transform to Jungle-Roads. I can only get VASL to transform them to Jungle-Paths.

Is there a way to handle this transformation that I am missing?

If not, should this be added to the VASL job jar?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Here you go:

Menu3.jpg

And this is how it's done:

Menu.jpg

I seem to recall some instances, though, in which I have encountered problems. But I *think* these were for scenarios in which a SSR only called a *specific* road to be normal whereas the others were treated according to the normal PTO rules. VASL, of course, can only handle general transformations except if there exists a scenario specific overlay.

In such cases where no SSO addresses the situation (which will be the majority of such cases), I advice using Draggable Overlays. You can select the normal PTO option and then use Draggable Overlays for "road construction". Note, however, that in certain cases this *might* affect LOS as the Draggable Overlay road portions might not have exactly match with the woods outline bordering the printed roadsides.

Menu2.jpg

Still, with this approach you should be able to address 95% of the usual cases satisfactorily.

von Marwitz

Last edited:

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yes - good to have this addressed

Yes - as von Marwitz said .. it's more often a SPECIFIC ROAD and not "all the roads" on a board. Best use the ORIGINAL road that matches the physical board (as opposed to having to "reconstruct" a road with overlays).

Many thanks

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I can't believe I never "saw" the woods-roads dropdown before. Time to get eyes (or maybe the brain) checked!

Thanks.