JTCS-VISTA & Talonsoft Version

Big Ivan

Reaction score
Hi Jason

Can the Matrix and Talonsoft version be played across multiple operating systems?

Example: PBEM game started in Talonsoft with operating system Win 98 or XP. Zipped and played in Matrix with VISTA. Re-zipped and played in Talonsoft with Win 98/XP.

I woudl tend to think not as root coding of the files would be different.

Comment?
Thanks
Big Ivan

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
There shouldn't be any conflict when playing with different operating systems, the only thing that should be required is that you're both using the same Patch or UPDATE version.

Jason Petho

Big Ivan

Reaction score
Jason

I would think the same thing because downloaded files between both games seem to play for the most part. However, I started a team game in 98-2nd ed with TALONSOFT WF and the had to get a new computer because the old one is dying. The new one has VISTA with JTCS. While I didn't have trouble opening the zip and playing it, when I passed it along my team is having mucho difficulty even opening the file! Could be an incription code issue?

I don't know if there is a fix or not for this. But I wanted to make sure the Matrix folks and you know about it.

I'll probably have to see if I can keep my old system running long enough to complete this game.

Thanks much for your comments though, it's always appreciated.

Best always!
big Ivan

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, my son and I tried to play a PBEM game. I have a Vista machine, he has a XP one. I started the game and sent the file to him. he opened it, played his turn and sent it to me. Every time I tried to open it, I got a file error and it would not open.

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well, my son and I tried to play a PBEM game. I have a Vista machine, he has a XP one. I started the game and sent the file to him. he opened it, played his turn and sent it to me. Every time I tried to open it, I got a file error and it would not open.
If you are both using the same copy, you will get a 486 Error. You cannot PBEM the same copy, they must have unique serial numbers.

PS. Nice Avatar!

Jason Petho

Big Ivan

Reaction score
Thanks JP

That's good info.

BC has a nice avatar but I settled for some broken down Russian commander for an avatar instead of the swanky scantely clad doll that may get me on a hot list somewhere!

By the way I saw some of your info on JTCS 1.03 patch coming up soon! Yummy!

Take care!

Big Ivan:smoke: