Journey

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A new game by the guys who made flOw, Flower, and Cloud. This is called Journey and is exclusive for the PS3. From what I've seen so far I really like it. I just wish I owned a PS3 :upset:

The pioneers that brought you the award-winning PlayStation®Network titles flOw & Flower® are back with another title that challenges traditional gaming conventions. With Journey, thatgamecompany (TGC) continues its tradition of delivering simple gameplay and accessible controls in a rich interactive environment that invites players to explore and experience emotional chords that are still uncommon in video games.

An exotic adventure with a more serious tone, Journey presents TGC’s unique vision of an online adventure experience. Awakening in an unknown world, the player walks, glides, and flies through a vast and awe-inspiring landscape, while discovering the history of an ancient, mysterious civilization along the way.

Journey’s innovative approach to online play encourages players to explore this environment with strangers who cross their path from time to time. By traveling together, they can re-shape the experience – creating authentic moments they will remember and discuss with others.
Trailer, Gameplay Trailer, and Screenshots:
[video=youtube;boPHncFbmII]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boPHncFbmII[/video]

[video=youtube;5NlVttFRPpU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NlVttFRPpU[/video]

Journey

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This games sounds really interesting! It reminds me of a cross between MineCraft and A Valley Without Wind, but with better graphics. :D

The indie crowd really deserves a big pat on the back for coming up with these innovative titles that focus less on quick fix action and more on experiential gameplay. I also love how they are pushing graphics away from the hyper-realistic towards something much more artistic and memorable.

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah doesn't it! It's nice to have a game where exploration is promoted without some "epic" quest/adventure needed. It'd be nice to have a game like say the Elder Scrolls where you are not given some epic story to follow. You just pack you things and go off and explore, adventure, etc. Maybe you don't have to fight things or whatever. If there are more games like Journey then I'm all for em.