Journal 8?????????????????

Gwinnell

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
:hush:
On another subject, I hope the WO bonus board/pack will be sold in the UK through UK outlets as the cost of tax collection will stop me getting it as the starter kit one just was silly money with the charge added (not a lot of change out of £20 (or $35ish in funny money).

Ian
Ian

I have only been charged once for tax on MMP product (Yanks) and while that was painful all the others so far:hush: have got through the nice men at customs. :sneak:

Do you get charged each time you order?

Gavin

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
:hush:

Ian

I have only been charged once for tax on MMP product (Yanks) and while that was painful all the others so far:hush: have got through the nice men at customs. :sneak:

Do you get charged each time you order?

Gavin
Not every time and it is not bad when it's high ticket (once got a signed woodson shirt (Steelers) for a song, the seller was so pi$$ed he put a value on the slip of $350 and forced me to pay lots in tax, he got neg rep!!!!

The problem is on low priced items the collection fee of £10 which is not just more than the tax but more than the item and shipping, that hurts! Hence I would be happy to buy from the UK at the higher price as I pay less in the long run.

I have 3 copies of the SK expansion pack which two will be passed on to others so we only have the one charge.

I think it all depends on what part of the country you are in

Cheers
Ian

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Look who the comment was coming from, guys, someone who has had a bug up his butt about MMP for years.
Exactly. MMP could be serving a bar of 24K gold on a silver platter and he would complain that it wasn't spruced up with a sprig of parsley. To complain about a product he hasn't even seen is, well... so typical. Luckily for us he runs a tournament, playtests, designs scenarios, proof reads and publishes his own products, so he's an expert on the subject. Or maybe not.

16 scenarios for $15 is much lower than the 'only geoboard' standard of the usual $2 per scenario as we've seen from Schwerpunkt, Friendly Fire, etc.

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
LOL! I guess some of you guys had better check my latest post in the DB3/J8 shipping thread, where I give Youse and team due cheers for a good decision.

Never let truth get in the way of flawed assumption and presumption on ole Portal and his viewpoint on MMP, eh? No wonder Holst can easily troll a bunch of you guys. :D

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
custardpie,

I think what Mr. P was saying was that how can you judge a products worth without having it in your mits, though if you are not into geo board scenario's or have enough of them then it wont be good value for you if you are not intrested in the articles either.
All I was (and am) saying is that I don't think this product is a particularly great value for me. I also think it might have been just as well to release J8 and J9 all together as one issue, with a bunch of bonus content inside. JMHO. I don't need any more VotG scenarios when I haven't even played the ones from DftB or Special Ops 1 as of yet.

Not telling anybody else what to think. Unlike some of us around here (not you, to be clear).

Morbii

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
TRANSLATION: Yes, Tater, you are right...I was whining about whining. What's more, now I am whining about you. :laugh:
Keep placing words in people's mouths. You might lose the respect of the ... wait, I'm pretty sure you don't have any respect around here.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Keep placing words in people's mouths.
Having words placed in your mouth must be very novel for you...as compared to what usually gets placed there. :laugh:

You might lose the respect of the ... wait, I'm pretty sure you don't have any respect around here.
WHAT! You mean I don't have the respect of a group of internet trogs (myself included)...hey, I think I will survive. :laugh:

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All I was (and am) saying is that I don't think this product is a particularly great value for me.
No, I don't think that was exactly what you were saying...nice backpedal though...

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think Portal's recent comments have been fair, and not particularly negative with regard to MMP.

I -think- he's just saying that he's not especially interested in geo scenarios.

That said, I proofed the articles and they are all good. For many players (especially new players) the mag is worth it for the articles alone. (That's why you buy Playboy, too, isn't it?)

Reading the article on "Mac's Fire Brigade" made me want to play it.

Morbii

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Having words placed in your mouth must be very novel for you...as compared to what usually gets placed there. :laugh:
So, given your emoticon, I'm guessing that image made you horny ;)

Lurch104

Reaction score
That said, I proofed the articles and they are all good. For many players (especially new players) the mag is worth it for the articles alone. (That's why you buy Playboy, too, isn't it?)
I concur. Pitman's article alone was worth the price of admission for me. I read it sitting on the floor of WO just 15 feet from Pitman waiting on round three of the SK Mini. I used a few of the points he made (specifically spreading out on the defense realising that a fire group is as effective as a stack but a smaller target) and won the last game. Preaching to the choir here, but I would not hesitate to buy the Journal.

Dave Olie

High King of New Scotland
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'm just happy that I'm getting a complimentary copy. :)

Oh, yes. And a cheque.

Last edited:

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm just happy that I'm getting a complimentary copy. :)

Oh, yes. And a cheque.
Boy are you in for a surprise. It's actually a "Czech" that MMP offered you. That's why oral contracts aren't worth the paper they're printed on! :devious:

Now the good news is you get to choose between the PzKpfw 35t, 38(t)A & 38(t)E and they'll even let you pick the unit ID. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me. :laugh:

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So, given your emoticon, I'm guessing that image made you horny ;)
You mean the LOL? Ah, OK, I understand you confusion...that is probably the same response you get from anyone right after you propose having sex with them. But no, in general, LOL is NOT an expression of desire.

Morbii

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You mean the LOL? Ah, OK, I understand you confusion...that is probably the same response you get from anyone right after you propose having sex with them. But no, in general, LOL is NOT an expression of desire.
Your persistence on this topic is making me wonder, so I'll just come out and say it: no, I don't want you to bang me (or whatever it is you deliverance types call it).

I have to say: I am a bit confused as to how we went from you misinterpreting your own language (yet again) by not understanding the difference between whining and an observation to you fantasizing about me having gay sex.

Last edited: