Jon's COD rant

Jon@lbc

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What I really hate about COD online is that the weapons are sooo unbalanced you have an 8-shot semi-automatic garand against a 5-shot bolt-action rifle. The ppsh has a 71 round magazine and a high rate of fire. Whereas, the MP40 has a 32 round magazine and a slowewr rate of fire

sickpup

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jon@lbc said:
What I really hate about COD online is that the weapons are sooo unbalanced you have an 8-shot semi-automatic garand against a 5-shot bolt-action rifle. The ppsh has a 71 round magazine and a high rate of fire. Whereas, the MP40 has a 32 round magazine and a slowewr rate of fire
So... you're not in favor of realism?

Gen_Electric

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They all are balanced out one way or another. You can't reload the m-1 until the clip is empty. I've ran out of ammo at crucial times. Do you fire those last 2 rounds off and hope the enemy isn't close enough to hear it or wait? The mp-40 is a close in weapon, good for building or street fights. Bolt action is slow but deadly, a high damage round. The ppsh is also a short range weapon, once you get any distance and if you hold the trigger; forget it, you miss. I think the designers have tried to balance the weapons around game play and have done a pretty good job. Everyone has a favorite weapon, but you have to look at the map you're playing and take that into consideration when choosing a class.

Jon@lbc

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gen_Electric said:
They all are balanced out one way or another. You can't reload the m-1 until the clip is empty. I've ran out of ammo at crucial times. Do you fire those last 2 rounds off and hope the enemy isn't close enough to hear it or wait? The mp-40 is a close in weapon, good for building or street fights. Bolt action is slow but deadly, a high damage round. The ppsh is also a short range weapon, once you get any distance and if you hold the trigger; forget it, you miss. I think the designers have tried to balance the weapons around game play and have done a pretty good job. Everyone has a favorite weapon, but you have to look at the map you're playing and take that into consideration when choosing a class.
M1 carbine.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Jon@lbc said:
I put it there cuz' it was kind of a stupid rant. But if I can post gibberish and higher my post count I'm om with that :D
Well, it's game-related, so I put it here, especially as it's about COD. Not just for post-count purposes.

Dr. S.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jon@lbc said:
Yeah...thats how it was. I bet the Germans didn't exactly think it fair when they only had bolt-action and they were trading shots with an American equipped with a semi-auto....Brothers in Arms nerfered the Garand in multiplayer (doesn't fire as fast), and it is really annoying.

Marines

Reaction score
CoD is garbage anyway.

Severly dated graphics, hell, they were dated when it launched, poor AI, unbalanced MP functions, bugs not fixed etc.

Gen_Electric

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just ignore Dr.S. We all know what happens playing CoD and he closes his eye to aim. :D Actually, if you dig way back; you'll find the thread where he explains his dislike for the game. He has some valid points that us fps freaks tend to overlook. Now, I just read that CoD II will be non-linear and you will be able to complete mission objectives in any order you choose. No more having to go from a to b to c. Do c first and then a or b. Out this fall, maybe.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Gewehr 43 is also semi-automatic and has a full rifle round. Not sure why anybody would choose the 98K and complain.

BTW, any CoD server where WFHQ hang out? Played it for the first time this weekend, so hit me while I'm green :)

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I realised upon getting my Garand that there is a release on the side of it that does release the clip and the ammo within. I don't know why when they were doing their research they didn't realise this.

Jon@lbc

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BarcelonaBlom said:
I realised upon getting my Garand that there is a release on the side of it that does release the clip and the ammo within. I don't know why when they were doing their research they didn't realise this.
Really?