John Tiller Interview

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
One of the things I asked John in the interview was about the possibility of a "unified" panzer/modern campaigns game at some point. There is no doubt that the series as is is quite good, but releasing it one title at a time has tended to put a damper on user-created scenarios. While it is true the scenarios that ship with the game are good, wargamers always want to be able to "fiddle."

Sooner or later this series will have run its course and Tiller will likely turn more and more of his attention elsewhere. Just prior to that happening, I would very much like to see John combine the whole series into a single title, throw in all the editors, and let the gamers take their best shot. If this was done I believe a lot of gamers who refuse to play it currently would suddenly be interested as it would then become a true wargame "system," and not just a group of stand alone titles. It would then be on roughly equal footing with TOAW and such a move could extend the life of the system for a long time.

Just my 2 cents.