John Kerry's definition of serving in military....

Cheetah772

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello,

Here is John Kerry's REAL definition of serving in the military. This is a counterattack on his claim that the swift boat veterans who are criticizing him never served under him, thus had no right to "smear" his military crediternials.

Enjoy it! By the way, this is not my work of art, the credits goes to somebody from the other forum.

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
well, unless one of the other swift boats was a submarine, they didn't didn't serve under him... :D

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Yea, i know... pity he couldn't be a real soldier like Bush - mixing martini's for his National Guard Commander while poor kids were off getting killed.

Gotta love this rubbish arguement, Bush doesn't have the paperwork to prove he even bothered showing up and you guys are splitting hairs over a man who DID actually fight for your country. :nuts:

Anyone one who fights for hos country and his beliefs is worthy of respect (be they Arabic, American, European or Asian) anyone who hides because Daddy has got money is a coward... simple, dont even need a picture to explain this one. :rolleyes:

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
What was Bushs unit called again? The champagner brigade :drink: Guess it wasn't named so because all the rich boys assembled here to sit out the war in the safe USA, but because they were some tough elite soldiers who were pressing their commanding officiers to be finally sent to Vietnam, right ? ;)

And if you truely belive that some guys who've probably never met Kerry in real life, feel to have the right to smear Kerry and call his comrades liars (because you can't voluteer for a medal, others have to promote you, so the soldiers who wanted Kerry to get those medals must be lying, right??), in that case you are probably so desperate, because you see Bush is going to lose, that you abandon sanity and reason :D

Cheetah772

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Legion said:
Yea, i know... pity he couldn't be a real soldier like Bush - mixing martini's for his National Guard Commander while poor kids were off getting killed.

Are you saying serving in a National Guard unit isn't honorable? Do you know that it can be called up to serve in a military function during the time of a crisis? After all, it is a federal military reserve unit.

Gotta love this rubbish arguement, Bush doesn't have the paperwork to prove he even bothered showing up and you guys are splitting hairs over a man who DID actually fight for your country. :nuts:
It's been proven over and over again that Bush didn't go AWOL, and he did release ALL of his records to the public. Nothing has been held back. There's no proof that Bush was AWOL at all. None at all. Now, get over with it, kid.

Anyone one who fights for hos country and his beliefs is worthy of respect (be they Arabic, American, European or Asian) anyone who hides because Daddy has got money is a coward... simple, dont even need a picture to explain this one. :rolleyes:
Bush himself chose to serve in National Guard, and it's a honorable profession, perhaps not glamorous as serving in an actual active military unit fighting in a distant foreign country. Bush could have fled to Canada and be like 14 million other draft dodgers. Bush could have gone ahead and receive a deferrent, yet, out of all options, Bush chose to serve in National Guard! That's enough for me.

I thank Kerry for fighting for our country, I appreciate it a lot, however, in my book, he's no national hero. He abandoned his crew after only 4 months instead of a standard tour which lasts 12 months. Kerry was only one to get out based on an obscure rule that allows a thrice-wounded soldier return back home. He was a politician looking for a quick short-cut to jumpstart his political career.

This is hypocritical! The world loves Clinton, but he was a draft dodger who should have been at least punished for his crime! However, at the same time, the world condemns Bush for serving in National Guard, and thinks he went AWOL! LOL. Okay, whatever you say, kid.

Dan

freightshaker

Reaction score
Legion said:

Glad I left the National Guard and joined the Active Army, otherwise I'd be a pinko fag like all the rest of the guardsmen.

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Ye Gods! Why do i bother, i mean you ardently believe that GWBush is the best leader for the 'free' world :rolleyes: , so most of this might be a bit difficult... still...

Cheetah772 said:
Are you saying serving in a National Guard unit isn't honorable? Do you know that it can be called up to serve in a military function during the time of a crisis? After all, it is a federal military reserve unit.
No i am saying that a 'man' with Bush's connection could have easily pulled strings to get into combat, but it looks like he didn't.

I am saying that a man who volunteers for a combat unit, who fights in a war against the enemy of your country and who distinguishes himself in front of his peers enough to be aawarded a medal is worthy of respect.

Cheetah772 said:
Bush himself chose to serve in National Guard
Exactly! I am saying that a boy who stays at home "awaiting the call :eek: " whilst doodling around in a cool jet as others die is not worthy of that same respect...

Its not like the US was turning people away for active combat in Vietnam... you DID have conscription then!

Cheetah772 said:
Bush chose to serve in National Guard! That's enough for me.
And that is the core of the problem really isn't it. You are, as usual, willing to split hairs looking for a grain of dirt rather than notice the mountain of trash towing over your head.

You are willing to come here and publically condemn a man who could have been killed in combat, and yet you defend another whose greatest fear might have been crashing his jet when drunk.

Cheetah772 said:
The world loves Clinton, but he was a draft dodger who should have been at least punished for his crime!
The world dont care diddly-squat about the National Guard, nor about whether Clinton fought in Vietnam or not, nor do we care about whether he inhaled or what his taste in secretaries is like!

We do care about his integrity and responsibilty as the leader of the most powerful country in the world, we care about his intention to place America on the world stage as the first among many, rather than standing up there all alone if no-one else wants to do it your way.

And for precisely this reason we tend to laugh openly when discussing the (brave warrior) Bush and his fellow Chicken-Hawks :nuts:

Cheetah772

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Legion said:
Ye Gods! Why do i bother, i mean you ardently believe that GWBush is the best leader for the 'free' world :rolleyes: , so most of this might be a bit difficult... still...
I'm not voting for Bush, sorry, I don't think he is the best leader of the free world. I know you're disappointed that I can actually think for myself and arrive at different conclusions.

You probably think all conservatives blindly worship Bush, but that's just not true. Sorry to disappoint you, kid. ;)

No i am saying that a 'man' with Bush's connection could have easily pulled strings to get into combat, but it looks like he didn't.

So? Just what is wrong with National Guard? I see no problem with his choice. It may not be glamorous as joining Army and fighting in deep jungle, however, serving honorably in National Guard is certainly a lot better than protesting at Woodstick, wouldn't you say?

I am saying that a man who volunteers for a combat unit, who fights in a war against the enemy of your country and who distinguishes himself in front of his peers enough to be aawarded a medal is worthy of respect.
It should be noted that Kerry actually applied for a deferrent, but failed to get one. Had he gotten one, he wouldn't be in combat at all. Yep, that's very brave of him! This is one little fact Kerry doesn't want you to know. Oops! Now you know that. ;)

Again, I thank Kerry for serving decently for our country, however, I do not believe bravery in combat is a prequesite for presidential qualifications. Very few presidents actually saw a lot of combat. A decent soldier doesn't necessarily make a good president, just ask Ulysses S. Grant, ranked as one of the worst American presidents, yet he was a brilliant Union military commander!

Exactly! I am saying that a boy who stays at home "awaiting the call :eek: " whilst doodling around in a cool jet as others die is not worthy of that same respect...
Flying a jet fighter was and still is a dangerous job, and while Bush was not in combat, he should deserve some appreciation for flying in such jets. He could have chosen to flee to Canada or at least do something to avoid even serving in National Guard. At least in this respect, Bush did certainly a lot better than your favorite president, Willy Clinton! Hehe...

Its not like the US was turning people away for active combat in Vietnam... you DID have conscription then!
Whatever you say...it should be noted that Bush did ask to go to Vietnam, but he was turned down by his superiors because he did not have enough experience or training in flying jet fighters. After all, it's not exactly like training as an infantry soldier, which required far less training and time to become more proficient.

And that is the core of the problem really isn't it. You are, as usual, willing to split hairs looking for a grain of dirt rather than notice the mountain of trash towing over your head.

You are willing to come here and publically condemn a man who could have been killed in combat, and yet you defend another whose greatest fear might have been crashing his jet when drunk.
Please find one quote in my posts that I've condemned Kerry for serving decently in Vietnam. Go ahead, I know you won't find one. I thank Kerry for serving somehow decently in Vietnam. I'm glad he did his duty, however, I'm not defending him at all as I am opposed to his political ideals purely on moral grounds.

By the way, the pilots were prohibited from drinking alcohol flying jet fighters. Had Bush drank, he would have been caught and tossed out of National Guard! I know it's disappointing to you that Bush didn't screw up doing his civic duty in National Guard, it sucks, but too bad for you. ;)

The world dont care diddly-squat about the National Guard, nor about whether Clinton fought in Vietnam or not, nor do we care about whether he inhaled or what his taste in secretaries is like!

We do care about his integrity and responsibilty as the leader of the most powerful country in the world, we care about his intention to place America on the world stage as the first among many, rather than standing up there all alone if no-one else wants to do it your way.

And for precisely this reason we tend to laugh openly when discussing the (brave warrior) Bush and his fellow Chicken-Hawks :nuts:
Thank God for national borders, sovereignty, and US citizenships, otherwise the world would rush to America and vote Bush out of the office according to its self-interests, if for no reason other than hating Bush for what he truly stood for America.

Dan

Lt. Dan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cheetah772 said:
Bush himself chose to serve in National Guard, and it's a honorable profession, perhaps not glamorous as serving in an actual active military unit fighting in a distant foreign country. Bush could have fled to Canada and be like 14 million other draft dodgers. Bush could have gone ahead and receive a deferrent, yet, out of all options, Bush chose to serve in National Guard! That's enough for me.

Dan

He chose to serve in the National Gaurd for the same reason everyone else was in the National Gaurd during Vietnam: so as not to get drafted and sent into combat. He didn't need to go to Canada because he had the connections to get into the National Gaurd, which at the time, had extremely an extremely long waiting list as you can imagine. In my opinion, if Bush truly loved his job of flying a fighter jet, he would have volunteered for active duty in Vietnam which is where the real pilots were. Instead, he got a nice hobby of flying a jet on the weekends in the states while real men like John Kerry (who cares if it was four months, it was four months longer then Bush) were fighting to protect America.

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Legion said:

And your opinion on US politics is important to US citizens how?

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lt. Dan said:
He chose to serve in the National Gaurd for the same reason everyone else was in the National Gaurd during Vietnam: so as not to get drafted and sent into combat. He didn't need to go to Canada because he had the connections to get into the National Gaurd, which at the time, had extremely an extremely long waiting list as you can imagine. In my opinion, if Bush truly loved his job of flying a fighter jet, he would have volunteered for active duty in Vietnam which is where the real pilots were. Instead, he got a nice hobby of flying a jet on the weekends in the states while real men like John Kerry (who cares if it was four months, it was four months longer then Bush) were fighting to protect America.
Falsehood: National Guard units during Vietnam were never deployed.

Falsehood: Every soldier who went to Vietnam was in harm's way.

Falsehood: ANYONE who has NEVER served in ANY military unit can make a valid argument relating to military service.

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Legion said:

And your opinion of our political system or its members is relevant to me and my countrymen how?

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kraut said:
What was Bushs unit called again? The champagner brigade :drink: Guess it wasn't named so because all the rich boys assembled here to sit out the war in the safe USA, but because they were some tough elite soldiers who were pressing their commanding officiers to be finally sent to Vietnam, right ? ;)

And if you truely belive that some guys who've probably never met Kerry in real life, feel to have the right to smear Kerry and call his comrades liars (because you can't voluteer for a medal, others have to promote you, so the soldiers who wanted Kerry to get those medals must be lying, right??), in that case you are probably so desperate, because you see Bush is going to lose, that you abandon sanity and reason :D
And your opinion of our political system or its members is relevant to me and my countrymen how?

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
freightshaker said:
Glad I left the National Guard and joined the Active Army, otherwise I'd be a pinko fag like all the rest of the guardsmen.
I'm fairly certain this post was made in jest, because for you to express all this pride in being in the "Blackhorse", yet to disparage those soldiers who go into the Nat'l Guard and those of that branch who are not living due to service in Iraq, but you are still alive, is tantamount to pissing in the face of your brothers in arms. Please tell me I'm right about you, freightshaker!

Prester John

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
CPangracs said:
This is absolutely true. But let it be known that whatever the US public opinion and voters may choose to do about the individual candidates, several countries will be looking for a Republican presidential victory simply because of their position on international trade relative to that of the Democrats. In this respect it won't matter what sort of person the US president is, just what his colours are.

Last edited:

Temujin

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
CPangracs said:
Pangracs, are you saying that in an open forum community, like this one, only certain members are priveledged to express certain opinions due to their citizenship? Why don't you ask for a US citizen section that is blocked to everybody else, that way when political threads are started the general community won't be able to view it.

mr_clark

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Temujin said:
Pangracs, are you saying that in an open forum community, like this one, only certain members are priveledged to express certain opinions due to their citizenship? Why don't you ask for a US citizen section that is blocked to everybody else, that way when political threads are started the general community won't be able to view it.
Yep, that's a good idea, it is absolutely necessary!!!

And I don't want to ever hear critics in the open forum about the evil Germans not joining in "The War on Terror" in Iraq, from people outside our lovely country...

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
CPangracs said:
And your opinion on US politics is important to US citizens how?
:alien:

***DISCLAIMER** This post contains humorous and possibly false material. If you find it is neither, it is my sincere prayer that you don't have an aneurysm trying to post an in-depth and cogent reply. If you find that you just can't resist taking something meant to be fun and stripping it of its life, don't blame me for your miserable existence. ***DISCLAIMER**

:lier:​

Dear Gods, if only he would take his own advice we might enjoy some serious debate in this forum... "Could CPangracs please come out of his 1950's era bomb-shelter there is a world out here that doesn't hurt". :cheeky:

And for your information i sort of gave up on caring about 'national-border envy' once i saw the rest of the world. So if you are interested in patrolling a tiny corner of it with ideological musket in hand, then be my guest partner...

:flag::ar15:
:nofear:​

At least Cheetah772 thnks before he writes!

Tiberius

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
freightshaker said:
No, now you have a chance of being a pinko fag like all the rest of the vets who served in combat and ended up with multiple injuries.