Jitter Fire producers

hayman

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi all,
Could anyone tell me who produced 'Jitter Fire' back at the turn-of-the-century.

Was it a fanzine or Club publication? There were scenarios released in most issues, so I'm guessing there was article content as well.

Thanks, hayman.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I didn't check but maybe Pitman's 'Desperation Morale' might know the answer?

Or maybe the ASL Scenario Archive?

von Marwitz

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi all,
Could anyone tell me who produced 'Jitter Fire' back at the turn-of-the-century.

Was it a fanzine or Club publication? There were scenarios released in most issues, so I'm guessing there was article content as well.

Thanks, hayman.
Front Range ASL 1997-2001

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jitter Fire was a local tournament for the Front Range ASL Club featuring two-man teams (thus, doubles, or Jitter Fire) that played both sides of a given homegrown scenario. I see Marty Snow listed as a designer, and it wouldn't surprise me if Dean McGinley also did some. Both of them, as well as Greg Hubbard, Steve Miclean, and probably others, have done homegrown scenarios for the local tournaments over the years. We're lucky that way.

I remember playing JF10 The Mounted Menace, thinking how great it would be to bastardize the name to The Mounted Menacci Brothers. What can I say, I was probably losing at the time.

So JF wasn't a publication, but some kind soul uploaded the scenario info to the Archive. If you were wanting to get a copy of any JF scenario in particular, email the designer.

tipsyweasel

Dead but still purring
Reaction score
They were my first ports-of-call, with no results.

Thanks Top, looks like they are from Colorado (and defunct).
FRASL is not defunct. I'm not sure why you might think that. Before the pandemic, we would get together several times per year for ASL events. Presumably that will resume at some point.

Tuomo is correct that Jitter Fire was a tournament that I ran. Most of the scenarios were designed by Tim Hundsdorfer, Zeb Doyle, and me, but we also had guest submissions from Shelling, and even one from Jazbutis. Some of them were eventually published (EX: Government Property), but others are gathering dust on a hard drive somewhere. One of the problems was that we used Pagemaker to do the layout, and didn't pay attention when that format was deprecated. I can no longer find a way to convert them to a readable format. Zamzar won't do it.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I bet that someone around here will have scans of them. That's better than nothing.

von Marwitz
I have tried for years to get scans just to fill out their (FRASL) portion of the Chronology of War.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
FRASL is not defunct. I'm not sure why you might think that. Before the pandemic, we would get together several times per year for ASL events. Presumably that will resume at some point.

Tuomo is correct that Jitter Fire was a tournament that I ran. Most of the scenarios were designed by Tim Hundsdorfer, Zeb Doyle, and me, but we also had guest submissions from Shelling, and even one from Jazbutis. Some of them were eventually published (EX: Government Property), but others are gathering dust on a hard drive somewhere. One of the problems was that we used Pagemaker to do the layout, and didn't pay attention when that format was deprecated. I can no longer find a way to convert them to a readable format. Zamzar won't do it.
If I may be so bold as to make one small correction....I never submitted a scenario design but I did work on putting on Jitter Fire with Marty one year when he couldn't talk anyone else into it.

Last edited: