JFK Reloaded

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
See now when I read the title, I figured it meant that they used a video game to test theories about it...

...I didn't realize it was meant to be an ACTUAL game to play. :(

DevilDawg

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow.....um....

Disgusting is the only word I can think of to describe it right now. Especially the "blood effects" or whatever when you watch the replay.

:mad:

Patrocles

Reaction score
"JFK Reloaded" President Kennedy Assassination Game

caught this on another forum! pretty weird and I know I will not be playing this so-called game! I bet teh developers are out for a quick bucks that the publicity will generate for their product.

link to msnbc article on jfk reloaded

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did anyone else hear about the disaster game? It is a survival game where you survive some of the worst disasters in world history...one of them was planned to be 9/11. Haven't heard about it in a while though, so I don't know what happened with it.

EDIT: Just saw this on slashdot...I can't believe it...Jim beat Slashdot...congratulations Jim.

Last edited:

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Slashdot people are too busying playing with their kernels.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Overseer said:
Slashdot people are too busying playing with their kernels.
Lol...the one bad thing about Slashdot is the minute they put a news item up...the website they link to goes down.

Deltapooh

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The developers can't be serious about the purpose being to strike down conspiracy theories. The clear motive is to make money, not end debate.

While I do believe the game is inappropriate. Then again, North Korea was offended by the upcoming Ghost Recon 2 theme. I also recall how the Black Hawk Down veteran community had a fit over Ghost Recon modders attempting to replicate that incident. (I wonder how they felt about Nova Logic's Black Hawk Down FPS game.)

Having said that, I feel this game goes too far on such a sensitive incident. Granted the incident occured over forty years. It remains a very emotional period in American history.

I know I won't be buying it.

Jim H. Moreno

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, I saw it much earlier in the day, but fought with the decision to post it until I did.

On one hand, it is JUST a video game, and I look at it from the same view as I see violence in video games: absolutely nothing to get my panties ruffled over.

On the other hand, WTF!! You have to see how well you can assassinate JFK! I sure wasn't even alive when it happened, but I have learned enough to know this is a very very serious topic in the U.S. I don't know what the developers were smokin' to think this would be a good idea for a game.

Last edited:

mr_clark

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Well, as a lonely standing game I guess I will not buy it... who knows what will be in the next part, maybe killing existing political leaders, including planning and execution (well, that might be fun I have to admit)

SGT Long

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd say were past the point of hoping for taste from the gaming industry. (I'm hardly a prude-I play Mortal Kombat with my 10 year old son) In comparison to stuff like Grand theft auto and the getaway,is this really that bad? I might see a problem if you got to accept the contract from Castro or the CIA and controlled a squad of mafia hitmen. (Unless you get bonus points for double tapping Oliver Stone :laugh: )

Patrocles

Reaction score
SGT Long said:
I'd say were past the point of hoping for taste from the gaming industry. (I'm hardly a prude-I play Mortal Kombat with my 10 year old son) In comparison to stuff like Grand theft auto and the getaway,is this really that bad? I might see a problem if you got to accept the contract from Castro or the CIA and controlled a squad of mafia hitmen. (Unless you get bonus points for double tapping Oliver Stone :laugh: )
good point! but with games like JFK I think we are starting to hit grey areas about what is acceptable in gaming.

What happens if we see a game titled "Concentration Camp Tycoon." Kill the most Jews/Cambodians/Etc. while maximizing profits and game points!

Reaction score
A despicable endeavor, to say the least. Certainly a company I will never purchase from.

If they really intended to prove the "lone gunman" theory, there are plenty of other ways to do that.

chrisvalla

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Patrocles said:
good point! but with games like JFK I think we are starting to hit grey areas about what is acceptable in gaming.

What happens if we see a game titled "Concentration Camp Tycoon." Kill the most Jews/Cambodians/Etc. while maximizing profits and game points!
Damn, I missed that tycoon game. Probably couldn't have beaten Mengles high score anyway :( I can barely play mob games.

Hopefully it will be such a poor financial performer that economic Darwinism kills it off. Not likely, but at least it's not likely to get into the mainstream.