JEHUs arrow...a brief story from the bible then STREETS OF STALINGRAD moment....

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok for those who don't know their bible history....Jehu was a king from the 10 northern tribes. He was fleeing from a battle in his chariot. He wore armor, an important detail. Some nameless archer fired at him, and the arrow not only hit the moving target ie the king in a chariot, but pierced the one spot in his armor that led to his death. It's a bible story of the perfect critical hit....

OK I'm playing Streets of Stalingrad courtesy of the Texas ASL crew, their remake of that scenario. I get a 527 to survive a shot. His advancing fire shot is a 6+3, thank you assault fire and stone building (1U4 bldg I think). His target is a 9-2, three 467s each of the squads toting a weaspon...ie a MMG, MMG and the third squad a LMG. I rolled a 3, net 1MC on the 6 table. His rolls? 10,11, 7, 8. EVERYONE breaks and one squad even ELRs to add insult to injury.

I'm going to take this bldg....Ben Richardson is my hapless opponent. I really like the remake of this scenario. I fear I'm going to get a draw ie the one part of the map I'm going to blow him out on but I'm going to lose the 1x4 factory;......

Great scenario. Worth replaying.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, liked the look of the remake as well though I wish he had gone a bit further with possibly a bombardment or pre-game rocket(s) strike or something similar to spice up the board a bit.