Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Hi,

About a year ago I brought up Jeff Shields and his scenarios on the Forum.

Dave Lamb expressed an interest in them.

Recently I spoke to Jeff by email. He does not play ASL anymore but we discussed getting his scenarios published. He said it would be great if they were.

Does Dave or anyone from CH remember Jeffs scenarios and would you be interesting in publishing them. I ask because I have played some of them and they are EXCELLENT. But they may need a bit more playtesting.

I'll go and find the link to Jeffs website, which also includes his current emial address.

Jan.

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, these do look interesting. I would be interested in taking whichever ones Jeff would like us to print. Just have him send me an email authorizing me to print them, and I'll get in contact with him to get the ball rolling on layout and playtesting. :thumup:

Thans Jan.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Yes, these do look interesting. I would be interested in taking whichever ones Jeff would like us to print. Just have him send me an email authorizing me to print them, and I'll get in contact with him to get the ball rolling on layout and playtesting. :thumup:

Thans Jan.
Thats great. Which email address should he use? Is there one at the CH website?

I'll get in touch with him, but need an email address to give him.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I made use of that site during the research of my book, also. I agree, it is a great resource.

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thats great. Which email address should he use? Is there one at the CH website?

I'll get in touch with him, but need an email address to give him.
You should probably send it directly to me. I'll review and forward it to Ray's attention.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
:laugh::laugh::thumup::thumup: If I remember correctly, Jeff had the greatest ever SSR for one of his scenarios:

Take "x" nbr of vehicle counters and hold them approximately 24 inches above the playing surface and drop them. These are then wrecks littered on the battle field. Can't remember the exact details, but always thought this was the best SSR I've ever encountered!Jeff had many other great scenarios, sorry to hear he no longer plays ASL.:OHNO:

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
You should probably send it directly to me. I'll review and forward it to Ray's attention.
But Dave, you still don't understand! LOL. Neither me nor Jeff have your email address - so we can't send you anything! :nuts:

Can you PM me your email address and I'll pass it on to Jeff.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
:laugh::laugh::thumup::thumup: If I remember correctly, Jeff had the greatest ever SSR for one of his scenarios:

Take "x" nbr of vehicle counters and hold them approximately 24 inches above the playing surface and drop them. These are then wrecks littered on the battle field. Can't remember the exact details, but always thought this was the best SSR I've ever encountered!Jeff had many other great scenarios, sorry to hear he no longer plays ASL.:OHNO:
I know that SSR. Its for "Nimm Das Jetzt!" One can either use the wrecks left over from "Schwerpunkt" (the preceding scenario) or do as you mentioned above.

Those two are the scenarios that got me into Jeffs stuff in the first place.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I have got in touch with Jeff and passed on Daves contact details, so it is up to him now whether he goes ahead and gives Dave permission to publish.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I know that SSR. Its for "Nimm Das Jetzt!" One can either use the wrecks left over from "Schwerpunkt" (the preceding scenario) or do as you mentioned above.

Those two are the scenarios that got me into Jeffs stuff in the first place.
I believe that was lifted from one of the Hollow Legions/West of Alamein scenarios, no? Or was he the author of the original? Or did he do it first, and the ASL official scen lifted it from him?