Jasc Paint Shop Pro8 help

dhuffjr

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That is the platform I'm trying to use. I've got a good map blocked out and want to try using the textures Don and others have made to make a map of Guadalcanal that is more consistant with the other TacOps maps. Hand "painting" like I did the Wake Island map I made takes forever and I've been working on this map although not much for months for over a year.

Can someone tell me how on earth I do this with this program?

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'm not entirely certain what it is that you're asking, but I used Jasc PSP for all my article editing both here, and at Armchair when I was the article and submissions editor there. Could you use the textures as an overlay, ala a raster layer over top of your blocked out map?

Or am I missing what it is you are trying to do?

dhuffjr

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Using layers is probably how it is going to have to be done. I've just not figured out how.

Blocked map. colors showing grass,rough1, rough2, woods, etc. I want to replace my solid colors with the imported 'textures'.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Paint different terrain types in different colors. One color for each type and the color doesn't matter.

Once your map is complete (it will look like hell at this point) select that color. Once you have that color selected on the map, use the color replacer to "paint" on the appropriate texture.

Let's say pink is trees. Select all the pink on the map, then replace it with the forest texture. Use the same process to paint on the grass, water, etc.

This is one way of doing it. You could also use layers to paint each type of terrain. Look up PSP turtorials with Google, then do a few of the tutorials. After a short while you will begin to understand how layers and such work.