Japanese vehicular crew

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Are the japanese vehicular crews stealthy?

They aren’t elite or first line, but I‘m not very sure of how to translate the first sentence of G1.6

TIA

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Trying to see why vehicle-crew is excluded, too...

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
It's because of the tools that they carry to fix their vehicle clanking together. Dead giveaway. 😉
The ones that magically appear on their bodies when an infantry crew is reduced to a vehicle crew? :)

(edit) I guess they do tell you sidenote their IDs... what a pain! But still looking for rules reason.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
The ones that magically appear on their bodies when an infantry crew is reduced to a vehicle crew? :)

(edit) I guess they do tell you sidenote their IDs... what a pain! But still looking for rules reason.
No, that's because the infantry crew is bitching about not having the tools to fix the vehicle.🤣🤣

Sorry, I'll stop now.😔😉

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I dont understand the wording of G1.6.

1.6 MISCELLANEOUS: Good Order Elite and 1st-Line Japanese Infantry (including crews) are Stealthy, while Conscripts are Lax...

Does that mean that Good Order Elite and 1st-Line Japanese Infantry and crews are stealthy?

Then I don't understand the purpose of the parenthesis.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I dont understand the wording of G1.6.

1.6 MISCELLANEOUS: Good Order Elite and 1st-Line Japanese Infantry (including crews) are Stealthy, while Conscripts are Lax...

Does that mean that Good Order Elite and 1st-Line Japanese Infantry and crews are stealthy?

Then I don't understand the purpose of the parenthesis.
Infantry crews, 2-2-8s. I know, the precise wording gets tedious.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I would say a Japanese vehicle crew is stealthy, based on G1.6; I found no Q&A saying otherwise.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would say a Japanese vehicle crew is stealthy, based on G1.6; I found no Q&A saying otherwise.
Japanese vehicle crews would only become stealthy once they become infantry, I do not agree that a Japanese vehicle would receive a stealthy DRM just because Japanese crews are stealthy as I believe the rule points to them as having to be considered infantry first. As always, I could be mistaken.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
I think they need to be infantry first. An inherent crew does not take counter form until it exits a vehicle so a "vehicle" could never claim 'stealth' benefits (but I don't think Mike was making that claim).

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think they need to be infantry first. An inherent crew does not take counter form until it exits a vehicle so a "vehicle" could never claim 'stealth' benefits (but I don't think Mike was making that claim).
A vehicle crew is a vehicle crew whether inherent or dismounted as infantry. If one accepts that they are stealthy because they are crews it could lead to the interpretation that they are stealthy in or out of a vehicle. This leads me to think there may be more to the rule than 1st presents the reader. but I agree, as it's stated presently a vehicle crew as infantry is more than likely considered stealthy though I'm not sure that was the intent.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
A vehicle crew is a vehicle crew whether inherent or dismounted as infantry. If one accepts that they are stealthy because they are crews it could lead to the interpretation that they are stealthy in or out of a vehicle. This leads me to think there may be more to the rule than 1st presents the reader. but I agree, as it's stated presently a vehicle crew as infantry is more than likely considered stealthy though I'm not sure that was the intent.
The rule says "Good Order Elite and 1st Line Japanese Infantry (including crews) are Stealthy..." so I don't think we need to worrying about crews in their vehicle.