Japanese (ordinary) heroes

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Can they banzai charge? Can they initiate BAnzai cahrge of their own G1.5 ...."A leader must participate in each Banzai Charge that includes ≥ one MMC. [EXC to all: a T-H Hero who is created (or voluntarily loses HIP) in a Japanese MPh must make his own Banzai Charge as per 1.423]."...

A single hero is less than a MMC so no need for leader to Banzai?

/S

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
G1.5 ... Any Good Order Japanese Infantry unit (even one SMC) may declare a Banzai Charge

So yes, no need for a leader to even be present. If one or more MMC is declaring a Banzai Charge then "A leader must participate in each Banzai Charge that includes ≥ one MMC."

peterd1973

Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llUnited States
I think you need at least one leader.
"A leader must participate in each Banzai Charge that includes ≥ one MMC."

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
A regular Japanese hero is an incredible Banzai machine - fortunately, the Japanese get enough Heat of Battle DRMs that they're pretty rare.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
A regular Japanese hero is an incredible Banzai machine - fortunately, the Japanese get enough Heat of Battle DRMs that they're pretty rare.
A Japanese leader too.
You need Japanese leaders much less than other nations ones.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Sure, but not all Japanese leaders get 10 Morale when on a Banzai charge, and the nature of PTO terrain often makes them precious for their MF bonus. A Japanese hero is arguably more expendable.

(Actually, I had never realized that Japanese leaders can go Banzai all by themselves - I thought they'd need at least one MMC. It's certainly something to keep in mind the next time I play them)

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
(Actually, I had never realized that Japanese leaders can go Banzai all by themselves - I thought they'd need at least one MMC. It's certainly something to keep in mind the next time I play them)
Lone leader banzais can be very effective, with little downside late in a fight. I even use them defensively to help mitigate the DFPh firepower of the enemy when skulking isn't an option.