Japanese DC Hero wounds during charge - Bypass entry and IPC?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
A member of a Japanese squad feels compelled to give everything for the Emperor - the squad successfully creates a DC-Hero. The DC-Hero charges the enemy and is wounded in the ADCACENT hex.

Is the IPC of the DC hero reduced from 1 to 0 due to the wound with the consequence that his MF are reduced by one if he wants to continue carrying the DC?

Is it sufficient for a charging DC-Hero to enter the target-hex via Bypass to blow himself up (i.e. at lower MF-cost) or is it required to enter the target-hex per (full) terrain-type cost?

Thanks for your help,
von Marwitz

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't think the DC hero can move once wounded. Why?
G1.424 ...A DC Hero is treated the same as a T-H Hero except as stated otherwise. ...
G1.423 ...make a Banzai Charge (1.5; see also below)..
G1.5 ...A Banzai Charge is the Japanese version of a Human Wave (A25.23), and uses all rules applicable to Human Waves except as stated otherwise.
A25.232 ...All HW Units have 8 MF (which can never be increased) and can enter enemy-occupied Locations, but cannot Assault Move, Dash, Search, carry more than their IPC, or use Column movement.

Since it is wounded, it now has a 0 IPC and it is carrying the 1PP DC. I may have missed a specific rule that exempts DC heroes from the HW IPC requirement, but I did not see an exception. He (and the DC) would then be eliminated in his current Location per the provisions of G1.425 ...If he does not make such an attack, he is removed either at the end of the Player Turn in which he was created (or lost HIP) ...The elimination of a DC Hero also eliminates his DC.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
A4.32 seems to prohibit it: "...Infantry may not voluntarily end its move using Bypass..."
Possible. Though one could argue that it does end its move and life by detonating the DC (i.e. literally not "remaining" in Bypass at the end of the MPh what A4.32 probably intends to prohibit).

Would you think, this is worth a Q&A, too?

von Marwitz