Japanese CVP Error?

Cpl Wright

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Jeff
Country
llUnited States
I ran across an issue last night where a Japanese striped squad failed a MC and was reduced to a HS, so I changed it to a HS, cloned the HS and put the cloned HS into the Casualties Bin. The odd thing is that the cloned HS came up as 2 CVP. Is there a bug to be addressed or am I doing something wrong?

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Sounds like a bug to me. I will check it out. For non-striped squads, the squad to hs reduction automatically reduces the cvp from 2 to 1. It may be an issue with all units that stripe.

Any fix would not be available until vasl6.6.3 releases this fall.

In the interim, after you have created the dead hs, you can use its right-click menu, select Reset CVP and then change 2 to 1. It's a bit clunky but it will work. You can even do this to units already in the casualties bin. Open the bin window by clicking the Casualties Button and then select the unit, etc.

Hit the Allied or Axis CVP button at the top of the cas bin window to force a recalc of cvp. Or better yet, back in the main toolbar window, hit the black-and-white cvp button (usually beside the MOV button) to see current cvp for both sides in the chat window.

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you @DougRim! I've used the casualty bin but didn't know how to force a recalculation. When there was a mistake, I'd drag everything out of the CasBin, adjust the CVP, set the total to zero (I managed at least to find that!), then drag the units back in.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I ran across an issue last night where a Japanese striped squad failed a MC and was reduced to a HS, so I changed it to a HS, cloned the HS and put the cloned HS into the Casualties Bin. The odd thing is that the cloned HS came up as 2 CVP. Is there a bug to be addressed or am I doing something wrong?
I have corrrected this bug and the fix will be in 6.6.3.

BTW, in 6.6.2, you can use the popup menu to CR a squad to a hs and send the other hs to the casbin all with a single click. No need to clone the hs yourself. Just expand the casbin item on the popup menu and you will see 3 options: (1) send the unit to the casbin, (2) CR the unit and send a hs to the casbin, (3) ELR, CR and send the hs. You will still have to break the remaining hs (if necessary).