James Bond and the Spy Who Loved me

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, so it's Saturday and THE SPY WHO LOVED ME was on....

Let's not even get into the reality of it, ok?

They are fun movies and that's enough.

I'm seeing James rescue a sub crew and then they blow out their way of the super tanker that had captured them....and I notice the hull number on the US Submarine.

And what is 593?

USS Thresher, lost in a diving accident with all hands in April 1963.

Anyone else have some useless fun trivia?

Mark DV
Ada, MI

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
TSWLM is the the last Bond film I saw in a theatre where the crowd was really into it. I remember in particular the big ski chase at the beginning where Bond is chased off a cliff and something I won't spoil but was very cool happened and the audience went wild. Good times.
Then came Moonraker, and Bond was never really cool again.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I like the one where Christopher Walken dumps the guy out of the blimp.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I remember in particular the big ski chase at the beginning where Bond is chased off a cliff and something I won't spoil but was very cool happened and the audience went wild.
The real person in that scene was Rick Sylvester and it was filmed on Baffin Island (Mt. Asgard). That is all I'll say so as not to ruin it for those who have lived in a cave since the 60's and have not seen it.

Personally, I think the Craig, the latest Bond is the pick of the litter. Not into the gadgets. Barely into the babes. Basically a street tough who has gained a touch of polish as a job requirement.

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Personally, I think the Craig, the latest Bond is the pick of the litter. Not into the gadgets. Barely into the babes. Basically a street tough who has gained a touch of polish as a job requirement.
Craig doesn't do it for me; I miss the dry wit the Connery (my favourite) and Moore had.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Craig doesn't do it for me; I miss the dry wit the Connery (my favourite) and Moore had.
I guess thats why Craig does it for me. He's essentially a thug with some perfunctory breeding thrown in....;)

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sean Connery and Moore are 'da bomb.

So-gack--you and I agree on something (actually not too surprising. Just don't tell Tate.)

Craig isn't bad--certainly better than Dalton but not at a Pierce Bronsan level....yet.

JMHO....

Mark DV
Ada, MI

Last edited by a moderator:

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Sean Connery and Moore are 'da bomb.

So-gack--you and agree on something (actually not too surprising. Just don't tell Tate.)

Craig isn't bad--certainly better than Dalton but not at a Pierce Bronsan level....yet.

JMHO....

Mark DV
Ada, MI
There are Higher Truths that transcend religion and politics.