Jackson has just posted that Paul Weir has died.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am so sad to read this. I always appreciated his positive, helpful spirit. My condolences to is family and friends.

Last edited:

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
View attachment 15622

I am deeply saddened by the news of Paul having passed away.

Never have I had the privilege to meet Paul in person and knew him only via this forum.

Over the years, I have grown to highly respect Paul for his always considerate kind ways, his patience, and respect . He impressed me and everyone with astonishing and profound knowledge that went into the most minuscule details. His posts showed that he was a logical thinker. I enjoyed his humor, especially when he went on to theorize - with reason - about some absurdities put before him. Where I fumble at being witty, it came natural to him.

Paul was a man of measure, attached to his beloved cats. Someone that I, that we, will miss and remember.

I deeply regret his passing and wish to express my sincere condolences to his relatives and his friends.

Ruhe in Frieden, Paul.
And may the Lord's light shine upon you.

von Marwitz
My deepest sympathies to Paul and his family and also to the ASL Community,
he was an awesome asset and an expert on ASL and WWII gear. He will be missed,
Big-time. Incompetence can be replaced anytime but a good man is never easy to
replace and is now sadly gone forever. Rest in peace, your ASL Comrade, Vic. 😢

P.S. I am a cat person, too and he will be missed by them as well...

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
My deepest sympathies to Paul and his family and also to the ASL Community,
he was an awesome asset and an expert on ASL and WWII gear. He will be missed,
Big-time. Incompetence can be replaced anytime but a good man is never easy to
replace and is now sadly gone forever. Rest in peace, your ASL Comrade, Vic. 😢

P.S. I am a cat person, too and he will be missed by them as well...
When I told Action Debbie about Paul passing one of her first reactions was to express concern over the fate of his cats. I share this feeling with her. We both like dogs but are really cat people, too much so actually. I know how Paul loved his cats and can't help but thinking about them wondering why he is not there for them. Hopefully his friends will see that his kitties get a good home with someone who will love them, although probably not as much as Paul did. 😔😥

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
When I told Action Debbie about Paul passing one of her first reactions was to express concern over the fate of his cats. I share this feeling with her. We both like dogs but are really cat people, too much so actually. I know how Paul loved his cats and can't help but thinking about them wondering why he is not there for them. Hopefully his friends will see that his kitties get a good home with someone who will love them, although probably not as much as Paul did. 😔😥
I just lost a cat of 14 years, a gray & white short hair named Ringo, who along with his sister Clawdy, have been wonderful companions for almost a decade and a half. Awesome animals and hope Paul's group find a nice home. Take care one and all and live every day as if your last as you just don't know, especially in these times, if you will be here when it is all over. Love everyone in your orbit, including your critters and the world will be a better place, Vic. 😺

Cult.44

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
As a dabbler in scenario design, I found Paul to be very helpful in deciding how to best represent units in a given situation. Encyclopedic knowledge combined with level-headed reasoning and willingness to help made him a go-to guy.
😕

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
I'm devastated. I met him only here, but he ever was gentlemanly, friendly and always a fountain of knowledge. I'll miss him deeply. My condolences to his family. It's a very sad day for all of us ASLrs

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Damn.

While I have never met Paul, or played a game against him virtually, he had a presence here that was at once definitive, friendly, & stately; I will miss him.

As rough as the seas of this forum get, he always rode out the waves without incurring anyone's ire - a true gentleman. His wealth of knowledge bordered on encyclopedic; I was drawn to his posts to get "the real answer" on a subject. The world was a better place with Paul in it.

Rest in Peace Paul.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I never met Mr. Weir, just read his stuff on Gamesquad on any subject. I would have liked to play him a scenario or two (his FOBA not withstanding).
But at least he will have a game or several with those ASLers who have passed before in gamer heaven.

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is a tragic loss for our group. Paul was a knowledgeable and agreeable contributor here. My condolences to his family and friends.

Peter J

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Paul was a reliable font of knowledge, humble and a gentleman. His presence and contributions will be sorely missed. Sincere condolences to his family, friends and cats.