Jackson has just posted that Paul Weir has died.

holdit

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Very sad news. I used to live in Rathmines. Paul would have made great company for a pint, I'm guessing, in one of the less trendy watering holes...

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What a shame. Paul seemed to be a nice guy and always had detailed info. Rest In Peace Paul I enjoyed your posts here.

Robert Fabbro

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I never met Paul. I shared maybe a single post with him. But when I read this it still felt like a punch to the stomach. Always polite, informative, and most importantly, positive. I will miss his posts.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I got a thumbs up from him on a response I posted to a German tank question (Ask Paul | Page 4 | GameSquad Forums) since no one else had answered it yet. (Based on the title of the thread, I felt I had an option to attempt an answer.) When a Thumbs Up from Paul popped in, it was pretty cool to get his approval. A definite loss to the greater community.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Oh no................Paul and I talked many times on armor questions and I appreciated the time he gave me. I never met him face to face, but I wish I could have had that time. He and I shared the same interests and it would have been great to share a glass or two of good whiskey. Well tonight I will share a silent toast with him and wish him good travels and good games upstairs in the game room.. RIP Paul may you always roll snake eyes..

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I always enjoyed reading the details he provided of why certain vehicles were assigned the MP, Armor Factors, etc that they were. That includes the "what ifs", too. He will be missed.

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Sad news and a stark reminder of our own mortality. As an Aussie Vietnam vet was fond of repeating to me, ‘ You only pass this way once and you’re a long time gone’
Make the most of what you have and don’t waste a second of it, pretty sure, that in his own inimitable way, Paul did just that.