J8

Darrell Andersen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Are you sure about "anything."

Smart question. You never know what I've been touching

"Like Jazz? Yew."

I try and keep that to a minimum, my watchband keeps getting caught in his back hair.
(how's that for "Yew"?)"

"Is the Suicide Creek mini on the funky map that was posted here months ago?"

I don't think that was posted. I do have it in e-form (.jpeg) but it requires some tiling. I'd have remembered the outcry about that had I posted it. Lots of jungle, paths, a new terrain type "jungle debris" (think lots of concealment,tough to move through and little actual cover) and a stream right through the middle.

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
I try and keep that to a minimum, my watchband keeps getting caught in his back hair.
(how's that for "Yew"?)"
that qualifies. Not as much of a "yew" as a friend who had a pensioner tattoo his name on her arm at the weekend. Yeeeeeew and then some.

Must be thinking of another map that was posted earlier this year, some forgotten MMP thing with a river running through it. Low res and postage stamp sized but looked kewl.

Ian

jwb3

Just this guy, you know?
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Must be thinking of another map that was posted earlier this year, some forgotten MMP thing with a river running through it. Low res and postage stamp sized but looked kewl.
I believe you are thinking of the forgotten half of Op Watchtower. That map was on Guadalcanal, I think along the Matanikau River.

It should still be visible on Pitman's site.

John

ScoobySnacks

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Country
llUnited States
Update from CSW,
expect to see J2 go up for pre order very soon (possibly this week), but there was no mention of J8.

byouse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
J8 has two scenarios remaining to be balanced which are in playtest, layout has started, cover is completed and artwork in place.

It will be a "plain" Journal, no mini-HASLs this time. We did not get enough playtest support on Suicide Creek to finish it in a timely manner, plan on seeing it in J9.

We're not likely to push Rotterdam back to J10, so maybe two mini's in one mag? Maybe an AP-like release. Not sure.

Not that i'm not liking SC, but Rotterdam is really unique and rather interesting (IMO).

J8 will be up on P# shortly, to give us time to get some orders prior to press. We fully expect it out this fall. Unless you're George then you get it 3rd quarter 2008. :smile:

chris_olden

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We're not likely to push Rotterdam back to J10, so maybe two mini's in one mag? Maybe an AP-like release. Not sure.

Not that i'm not liking SC, but Rotterdam is really unique and rather interesting (IMO).
Interesting is good.
NICE.
co

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
J8 will be up on P# shortly, to give us time to get some orders prior to press. We fully expect it out this fall. Unless you're George then you get it 3rd quarter 2008. :smile:

SWEET!!! Thanks Brian, something to lookforward to this fall

:clap::clap::clap:

:coolban::broccoli::redapple::banana:

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I gotta learn to keep my big mouth shut...:blab: I bet I get it before Portal though :p

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At the bottom...of the Bay...it's going to be stored just to the north side of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge (the westbound span)...

IYAOYAS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And here I thought they'd be "storing" that stuff under Jimmy Hoffa. Well, it's good to know it'll all be together in one place.

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Without any mini-HASL material, I won't be pre-ordering J8. I might pick it up once it has reached the masses and it's confirmed the bridge TEM topic has been formally addressed in some way. And if that doesn't happen, a definite no way. Don't need another scenario pack when Dezign Pak 3 is in my queue.

Might be a good idea for MMP to focus on getting VotG out the door once and for all before worrying about J2 re-prints and J8 write-ups.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hmmm.... Fall starts on September 23rd this year. That's Sunday. So we can expect J8 to ship on ... MONDAY? :cheeky: