J191 Rebels without a pause

Curtis Brooks

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Had the opportunity to play Mark Harms today in J191 "Rebels Without a Pause". I had the defending Germans.

I really like this scenario. Variable VC choices for the Slovak player force the Germans to defend all three options until (and if) he determines the Slovak VC.

My 50L AT gun took out 1 Slovak tank, and that was I really expected out of this piece. My AA truck killed a HS before going down. It was up to the ground pounders to hold the line against the Slovak 10-2 and his motley crew.

It was nip and tuck all the way. Two events swayed the game my way. The first was when a Slovak DC set a wooden building on fire (the one situated between the two stone buildings that the Slovak chose as his VC). This was a solid cork in my line that helped me hold on. The other event(s) took place on German turn 6. Mark had two afv's remaining. I revealed a HIP HS in the rear of tank #1. I found my PF, rolled a hit, but then rolled boxcars on the TK roll. Said tank moved off toward the rear VC building and Mark entered the hex in order to force the broken units in level 1 to die for ftr. Instead, he crashed into the cellar. Ok, here comes tank #2. He drives into the same building, and ALSO falls into the cellar. Whoo Hooo!

I was able to block the last VC with broken units and my few remaining warm bodies to prevent it's fall on the last Slovak turn. A real barn burner and close run affair.

Thanks Mark for making the trip over from Minneapolis for the game.

I won't say anything crude or do any smack talking ... losing both tanks in the cellar is pain enough for one weekend. :)

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Mark had two afv's remaining. I revealed a HIP HS in the rear of tank #1. I found my PF, rolled a hit, but then rolled boxcars on the TK roll. Said tank moved off toward the rear VC building and Mark entered the hex in order to force the broken units in level 1 to die for ftr. Instead, he crashed into the cellar. Ok, here comes tank #2. He drives into the same building, and ALSO falls into the cellar. Whoo Hooo!

I won't say anything crude or do any smack talking ... losing both tanks in the cellar is pain enough for one weekend. :)
If he had driven the tank into motion bypass in the same hex, the broken units would also have died for FTR.

Seems like some......unnecessary brinkmanship?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Komm herein. We haff sum tasty treats für dich

JR

Last edited:

Cult.44

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
My rationale (probably a bad one) for driving into the building is that I was thinking it would prevent a rout up to level 1 because the tank would then be Adjacent to the location whereas it wouldn't be in bypass.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
My rationale (probably a bad one) for driving into the building is that I was thinking it would prevent a rout up to level 1 because the tank would then be Adjacent to the location whereas it wouldn't be in bypass.
It would be ADJACENT in bypass. Bypass is not a separate Location. That is why Curtis wasn't going to tell you that you could accomplish the same result by going in bypass.

JR

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If he had driven the tank into motion bypass in the same hex, the broken units would also have died for FTR.

Seems like some......unnecessary brinkmanship?
Just had a two tank into the cellar bad experience in my VASL league (see VASL write up should you care for details).

Anyway, I drive into the building instead of Bypass versus the Germans when they have Panzerfausts (or a known PSK).

I believe the 16% chance to fall into the cellar is less likely than a successful Heat round blazing my Tank.

Rich

Cult.44

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Just had a two tank into the cellar bad experience in my VASL league (see VASL write up should you care for details).

Anyway, I drive into the building instead of Bypass versus the Germans when they have Panzerfausts (or a known PSK).

I believe the 16% chance to fall into the cellar is less likely than a successful Heat round blazing my Tank.

Rich
See guys, I'm not so dumb.