J191 Rebels without a Pause (Graphic)

Paul S NJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jackson,
Nice aar. I played this with Brian Roundhill in Texas and he alomost pulled a fast one on me. He entered his partisans on turn 2 so I assumed he was going for VC #2. On his second to last turn he got a slovak mmc into one of the back buildings (which gained control of it and fulfilled VC#1). I had a good hold on the other three buildings so I didn't think he had a chance for vc#2. I hadn't noticed the partisan entry was on/after the turn of the respective VC. Brian was too good a sport to let me lose like that and announced he had gained control on of the building and so had fulfilled his VC. this gave me one player turn to regain control of the building and then hold off his final turn charge. I managed to pull it off, but only due to Brian's Texas-sized sportsmanship.
Paul

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Heya Paul

My opponent very nicely reminded me of that when we started the scenario. Since I didnt think of it, I didn't use it.

Roundhill is a true sportsman and from everything I heard, Texas is an absolute blast!!

Hope all's well :)

Rgds Jackson

Jackson,
Nice aar. I played this with Brian Roundhill in Texas and he alomost pulled a fast one on me. He entered his partisans on turn 2 so I assumed he was going for VC #2. On his second to last turn he got a slovak mmc into one of the back buildings (which gained control of it and fulfilled VC#1). I had a good hold on the other three buildings so I didn't think he had a chance for vc#2. I hadn't noticed the partisan entry was on/after the turn of the respective VC. Brian was too good a sport to let me lose like that and announced he had gained control on of the building and so had fulfilled his VC. this gave me one player turn to regain control of the building and then hold off his final turn charge. I managed to pull it off, but only due to Brian's Texas-sized sportsmanship.
Paul

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jackson,
Paul
Good for Brian. The fog of war aspect is a design feature of the scenario, but both players should be aware of the possibility.