J183 A Real Barn Burner Question

DaveH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This came up during a recent game with Robert Zinselmeyer. SSR#3 makes all units of Lt. Gehin's platoon fanatic (these are the ones who set up in the Bd 43 compound). During play, one of my French halfsquads from Lt. Gehin's platoon generated a 8-0 leader through leader creation (snakes during CC). Should this new leader also be fanatic since it was generated from one of the platoon's MMC (and therefore qualifies under SSR#3) or is it something separate? Robert and I decided that the leader should also be fanatic but weren't 100% sure. In the event, it didn't affect the outcome of the game but we thought we'd throw it out there to see what the masses thought.

Incidentally, J183 is a good one. Plays fast and is a bit of a nail biter.

David

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Unless I'm misunderstanding the question, this appears to be relevant.

10.8 FANATICISM: Fanaticism is evoked only by SSR or Battle Hardening to depict particularly heroic or desperate performances in a particular situation. A SMC created from an already Fanatic MMC (15.21, 18.2) is also Fanatic.

DaveH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That does seem relevant. And now I feel foolish for not running across that little rule earlier! :)
Well - at least we played it correctly.
Thanks, Clubby
David

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's amazing how many rules you find right there in the rules. :D It happens to me at least once a game.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's amazing how many rules you find right there in the rules. :D It happens to me at least once a game.
Not only that, but you can find the rule and read it & never see what it says, replied to another thread, read the rule & totally missed a word that would have answered the question without any misconception. This ASL stuff is hard sometimes!:p:D