J102 The Yelnya Bridge, not sure if AFV are Elite for ammo (C8.2)

Hipsu

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
The German infantry are SS (PanzerGrenadier Regiment Germania, 2nd SS Motorized Division)
The German AFV have no SS mentioned in their group (Panzer Regiment 7, 10th Panzer Division)

Do I check the rule C8.2 for each group, or does the infantry SS status cover the whole OB?

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
It's actually a combined Rules and history question. The Rules say that barring SSR only SS and Soviet Guards are elite for ammo purposes. The history part is that 10th Panzer was not an SS unit, the SS had almost no AFV at that stage (just a few AC, 75* StuG III and PzJg I) in the war. So combine those to get the final answer of "No.".

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, the armor depicted on the scenario card may well represent 25% of the actual available strength of the entire 7th Panzer Rgt.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Ok but I don't have that deep historical knowledge, so I can rely on whether or not the group name has SS or Guards on the scenario card, yes?
Barring a contrary SSR, of course you can. No extras for the AFV.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Well of course you do.

One would be silly to not agree with Klas when talking about a rules question.
But yet I still reminisce about that day many summers past when that single time I was right and he erred, which was duly noted by the chroniclers...

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Ok but I don't have that deep historical knowledge, so I can rely on whether or not the group name has SS or Guards on the scenario card, yes?
You cannot rule out that scenario designers may err. Just take whatever is printed on the scenario card (or not) as a basis anyway.

von Marwitz