Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ouch! That has got to hurt....

At least we finished Round 1! :laugh:

Hmm, I hope WE didn't break the database! :eek:

tsYourTurn.com is currently offline.

Our database machine has died, and our backup database machine which was physically located next to it will not accept the hard drive controller from the first machine. Right now I am physically 3 hours away from our machines, so I will be driving back early tomorrow to build a new machine and put it online.

At this point, we do not believe that any data has been lost. Right now, we expect the fix to be to attach a machine to our database disk (a large RAID case) and boot it up. Barring further unforeseen problems, we hope to be online again by tomorrow (Sunday, March 24) afternoon.

We apologize that this notice was not posted sooner. We have been working since the site went offline earlier this evening, trying to get our backup database machine to talk to our RAID box, and we have been unsuccessful. Since it takes time to reprogram the site to intercept every page and display this message, we wanted to get the site back online as quickly as possible. Since it is clear that it won't happen tonight, you are seeing this message now.

If we run into further problems, you will see an updated message here about 1-2 PM, otherwise, you should see your games back online.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I don't think it's necessary

They are up and running...seemsthey had a crash and the alternative server is up and running fine now.:smoke:

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scott, do we have an alternative site that's free or cheap?
Sure do, lots. There is Chessworld, Red Hot Pawn, GameKnot, Net-Chess, and Chessmaniac. Chessworld is my favorite, but you really need to be a paying member to enjoy the service.

After this tourney is over, we might migrate to a different server for the next tournament.

Lurker

Reaction score
Sounds good.

These tourneys have gotten my chess blood flowing again and I've risen from the chess cemetery. :skull: I recently picked up Rybka 2.3 but I haven't installed it yet. I wanted to see what all the noise was about. :) I may subscribe again to NIC yearbooks or the Informants.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sounds good.

These tourneys have gotten my chess blood flowing again and I've risen from the chess cemetery. :skull: I recently picked up Rybka 2.3 but I haven't installed it yet. I wanted to see what all the noise was about. :) I may subscribe again to NIC yearbooks or the Informants.
My work is done here....;)