ITT Resolution with a 12

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Just a quick rules question I was wondering if someone could help me with.

Quick Sketch:
A German 88 fires ITT at a squad in the open, non-assault movement and achieves a critical hit. IFT resolution is 18-2 (ffnam, ffmo). Then the silly gun goes and rolls a 12 on the IFT resolution.

Now I know the 12 doesn't malf the gun, since that can only happen on the TH roll. But does the 12 mean it's a dud? C7.35 is the closest I can come to a rules reference, but it's in a section dealing with To Kill tables, and ITT doesn't use a kill table... or is the IFT considered the kill table?

Appreciate any light shone on this one and rules references. In any case, I still wish I'd rolled something lower!

Cheers,
Reep

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A 12 on the IFT is simply resolved normally; it is not a Dud because, as you point out, C7.35 only refers to a TK DR.

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Thanks for the help. I've received two other replies both with the same answer, so I'm heartily convinced. :D

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Thanks for the good question!
I have learnt something more today...

jimfer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ITT

Remember that some weopons with X numbers still "fire" even if they malfunction. That 24-1 flamethrower that rolls a "12" may have malfunctioned but it still causes a normal moral check barring lOS hinderences.
Jimfer