Its nice to be back!

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
As part of trying to build a bookmarklet I have found that the URL in the new gamesquad software needs only to contain the thread id number and not the thread name. These two are equivalent:

http://www.gamesquad.com/xenforo/index.php?threads/nordic-twilight-vasl-map-error.108417/
and
http://www.gamesquad.com/xenforo/index.php?threads/108417/

This greatly simplifies the problem of re-write, as the old links as presented in gamesquad did not include the thread name. Links coming from google do have the thread name, but you can ignore that and just pick out the thread id number.

JR

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
There is usually very little complex math involved, especially with configuring machines. Any complex math comes from the application requirements. There is occasionally simple math like figuring out the coordinates on screen.

JR
My profession was programmer/system manager/analyst/etc and I agree that even as a programmer there was little maths beyond add, multiply, subtract and divide. The only extras were more bit logic (AND, OR, XOR, EQV, Left & Right-Shift, Left & Right-Rotate) operations, typically used to set or detect flag/signalling bits. Occasionally some modular arithmetic was used (IE get the remainders after dividing, eg 20 MOD 7 = 6, 13 MOD 8 = 5, etc)

As a user, almost no maths, just praying to your favourite god(s)/goddess(es) that the writer of the package both knew what he/she was doing and accounted for your particular, peculiar machine configuration. Counting your curses does involve a little addition though, rarely enough fingers to do the job :mad:.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
As a user, almost no maths, just praying to your favourite god(s)/goddess(es) that the writer of the package both knew what he/she was doing and accounted for your particular, peculiar machine configuration. Counting your curses does involve a little addition though, rarely enough fingers to do the job :mad:.
......my favourite God/Goddess????? :D