It's Dealing With The Rules

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
EASLRB is great until you drop your tablet..............then you have a very expensive hunk of useless metal and plastic, and no rule book....................shucks should have brought the pocket edition. Also the pocket edition does not need batteries, or a power source to operate. darn ..............my batteries just died. Drop the pocket book............just pick it up easy no muss no fuss. Get it wet...............just dry it out and can be used again, like to see you do that with a 1500$ tablet:)
Until you realize it runs in a browser and you can have it on your phone, or your tablet, or your chrome book, or your laptop, or your internet of things refrigerator. A cnromebook will set you have about $150. The small rule book will set you back $40+ and you still need dividers and chapter H. I recon chapter H is going to set you back at least $20, but I would not be surprised by $40. Dividers are $20. When they get around to the HASL's, if they get around to the HASL's, I bet they cost at least $50. WRT, I have used my chrome book at ASLOk and it will run for a couple of days before it needs power. With a Local copy of the ASLRB, I don't need WiFi. Add to that, my eASLRB is fully searchable and easy to update (thus it hall ALL errata applied). Since I did much of the work, I also added links next to questions which tie to Q&A and Perry Sez answers also stored locally. It is fully cross-linked (a reference to another rule is one click away). It also includes the ASLSK stuff.

My chromebook weighs in at about 2lbs (1 kilo). It also has a copy of every scenario I own (all 4500+), along with a PDF of every third-part ASL rulebook, designer notes, etc needed to play things like PiF. I also add to that, a selection of ASL Articles (Medrow series) which I find very helpful and re-read as often as I read my ASL rulebook.

Oh, and if I lose, damage, drop my chromebook in the water, none of my originals are damaged. And I have everything backed up and fully usable on my phone (chrome works there too). All of my files are encrypted and stored in the cloud so even if my house burns down, VASL will always be an option for me. Do all of that in 2lb's of paper. -- jim

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
As I said, have all my origionals...............don't need anything else. Have an ASL rulebook with all the dividers etc still in plastic wrap, including all the modules in plastic wrap. So they will sit there until I need them. I have a nice cart that I use to move my set, and since I have no ftf opponent right now I use VASL. So all told around 300 dollars for my stuff..............that will last until I am dead. One price and that is it. When I was deployed overseas my ASL stuff went with me and I even managed to fin several good opponents. In camps we rarely had places to plug in laptops etc, but we had a table and lights..........so we managed. I just keep my life simple, at 50+ years old, and a disabled vet I just avoid electronics etc when necessary. My laptop is mostly for school, and surfing the net a little each day. Or VASL (solo play) when my knees and back allow me to sit for a while. My travel kit fits in a nice rolling cart, and since I do not fly in an aircraft it goes in my truck. No muss no fuss, cart cost me $40 and will last me until I can no longer walk. Anxiety and PTSD stop me from using electronics. So most of my school texts and note are hard copies. Just something that I have to do. My condition does not give me much patience with electronic stuff so I just avoid it unless I really need it.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
There is an Android app that you can use on your Smartphone/Tablet out there.
I don't know if there is one adapted to the believers of the Apple cult, however.

DrDeath

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
stuh42asl said:
After watching the American election.....................or what I affectionately called the "Dumb and Dumber Show" , or the television version of "The Dummies Guide to Voting the wrong President".........I definitely want to get away from humanity............Individual humans are okay.............put them in a room with an Idiot and they are like lemmings running over a cliff............

This is probably the most obvious example of why we don't let Canadians vote here- Get back to me in 2 years when the American economy is back on track and cruising at 5+% GDP - Or if the immigration issue is a problem for you we'll gladly send them North instead of South but something tells me you would be singing a different tune then- Don't let the press coverage you saw convince you the American public didn't know exactly what it was doing - There was only 1 criminal on the ballot- We're gonna be just fine
Thought it would be a good time to revisit this as the recent GDP number came out today at 4.1% I got a buck that this also gets revised upwards
DD-

Skull.jpg

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
If Trump can get quarterly growth above four percent three more times, he will have done as well as Obama. Something to look forward to.

JR

DrDeath

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If Trump can get quarterly growth above four percent three more times, he will have done as well as Obama. Something to look forward to.
JR
Silly Rabbit- during President Obama's presidency, the economy performed worse than average for GDP growth, job creation, median income and debt.

The Obama administration was the first administration that never had a whole year of 3 percent growth.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Silly Rabbit- during President Obama's presidency, the economy performed worse than average for GDP growth, job creation, median income and debt.

The Obama administration was the first administration that never had a whole year of 3 percent growth.
So far neither has Trump. Quarterly gdp growth is immensely variable. During the Obama administration there were four quarters of thirty-two at > 4% growth while on its way to the growth you describe, including one quarter at > 5%. Clinton had thirteen of thirty-two quarters at > 4%, W. Bush had five. In six quarters Trump has had one. While it's a good number, it's not spectacular nor does it sound like it's time to start cackling yet. The egg is not quite laid.

JR

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Why the FUCK can't you people keep politics out of game discussions?

Going to chit-chat where you have consigned what was actually a reasonable thread about ASL.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Why the FUCK can't you people keep politics out of game discussions?

Going to chit-chat where you have consigned what was actually a reasonable thread about ASL.
Close the thread.

JR

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Ah, so technically speaking the tablets in Exodus 34:28 are second edition, and incorporated all known errata. ;)
Moses had broken the first copy because of the apostasy of the Golden Calf - the Medieval Jewish commentator Rashi explains it with an amusing parable, with the idea that if Moses broke the tablets, YHWH required him to prepare the new ones.
On Ex 34.1 "And the Lord said to Moses: "Hew for yourself two stone tablets like the first ones. And I will inscribe upon the tablets the words that were on the first tablets, which you broke."
Hew for yourself: You broke the first ones. You hew others for yourself.
This can be compared to a king who went abroad and left his betrothed with the maidservants. Because of the immoral behavior of the maidservants, she acquired a bad reputation.
Her bridesman [the person appointed to defend the bride should any problems arise] arose and tore up her marriage contract. He said, “If the king decides to kill her, I will say to him, ‘She is not yet your wife.’”
The king investigated and discovered that only the maidservants were guilty of immoral behavior. He [therefore] became appeased to her.
So her bridesman said to him, “Write her another marriage contract because the first one was torn up.”
The king replied to him, “You tore it up. You buy yourself another [sheet of] paper, and I will write to her with my [personal] hand [writing].”
Likewise, the king represents the Holy One, blessed is He. The maidservants represent the mixed multitude. The bridesman is Moses, and the betrothed of the Holy One, blessed is He, is Israel. That is why it says: “Hew for yourself.” -[from Tanchuma 30]
My M.Th. dissertation, btw, was about the essential addition to that restoration of the covenant : Ex 34.6-7 (YHWH proclaiming compassion and grace, just after the golden calf crisis).

Abe

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I have my RB as individual chapters (or parts thereof) in slide bar binders (e.g. . https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/1377874/OfficeMax-Slide-Bar-Report-Covers-Assorted/). Although here you can only get A4 size so they stick out the ends a bit. The ASLRB binder rings have never closed properly so it’s never going work in the binder. It’ll just destroy the pages if I try.

When I get a chance I’ll scan and print it out at A4 and bind it in slide bars.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mine is pretty up to date, and contains very recent Errata, though I do not know how much of a factor this really is.
wow. I didn't know this. A huge factor actually and another reason I'd wanted to see a new updated version of the big book. Plus replacement pages on top of that. Sold

I need to get this.

I'd like to hear from both sides. Which is better, the pocket edition or binder? Money is not the issue either.

Thanks in advance.
Love the avatart...

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
wow. I didn't know this. A huge factor actually and another reason I'd wanted to see a new updated version of the big book. Plus replacement pages on top of that. Sold

I need to get this.
The pocket rulebook has a list of errata, the errata is not incorporated into the text.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ahhh... well lists of errata we already had. Thanks Klas.. you rule btw...