ITR2 Map DW-7a question

The Rookie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is my first purchase of a BFP product and I got ITR2 from a retailer. My map DW-7a is not cut on the half hexes. Is this correct and did all these maps end up this way? I didn't find any other comments regarding this so I am wondering if this is an error or is normal for a BFP product and what options are there for correcting this if it is an error. Obviously if you are using the board alone no issue but if it has other boards adjacent the hexes will not align creating many issues regarding LOS. I have attached a pdf picture of the board edge.

Attachments

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Mine is cut perfectly, and I can't say I've ever had one that was not. But it's not entirely unexpected that there is a clinker or two. You are lucky in that you got extra material rather than being short. I am sure BFP would supply a replacement, but I personally would just trim it down with the rotary cutter I own (after making sure the other corner was ok and that the width of the hexes on the end were right).

JR

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Yeah, make sure you are good on the opposite side of the board.....If they only cut one side at a time (probable?) you are probably OK. If they cut two sides at a time (more efficient but more expensive) you might be screwed for trimming it yourself.

The Rookie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I guess I should have shown both edges. The other side is short. I assumed misalignment prior to cutting. I had hoped that it was like incorrectly struck coins in that the value was climbing as we speak. Sighhhhhh......... I won't attempt any trimming since I primarily play via VASSAL. No players within a 100 miles.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I guess I should have shown both edges. The other side is short. I assumed misalignment prior to cutting. I had hoped that it was like incorrectly struck coins in that the value was climbing as we speak. Sighhhhhh......... I won't attempt any trimming since I primarily play via VASSAL. No players within a 100 miles.
Some of the Avalon Hill boards were notorious for how misaligned the printing was, especially hex center dots. On those boards it's not entirely impossible to find a hex center dot for one hex in a completely different hex. As for the edges, you were happy to get four of any kind. If you had a board with only three or even two edges, then you had real problems. I have never been offered anything at all, never mind extra, for my misprinted boards. Oh, and to get to school it was uphill, both ways, in the snow.

JR

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for everybody's input. This was a first for me and I have number of games/modules. It had me wondering.
Go ahead and reach out to us at support@boundingfire.com and give us a formal request for a replacement along with an address to mail to. We'll get that to you as quickly as possible. So it is just DW-7a that is the problem?

Rick

The Rookie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes Rick, just DW-7a. I made the purchase thru The Gamers Armory. Just curious if there were any others reported. I will PM the mailing address.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I haven't seen any other reported map issues dealing with misaligned cutting. Get in touch with us and we'll get it corrected.

The Rookie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just want to say to everyone at BPF your response and resolution regarding the incorrectly cut map was amazing, most notably Rick and Sam. Very professional. Looking forward to my next purchase. Thanks again!