Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Hi guys. Hope everyone is well.

SSR 7 for this scenario reads:
The 9-0 is a Commissar, and all rules apply as if the scenario was set prior to October '42.

So...may I exchange other leaders for Commissars within the constraints of the rules given that "all rules apply as if <Oct '42" ?

Interesting note - The After Action Report states "The Russian political officers accompanying the attack continued to urge their soldiers forward". Political officers (plural).

Thoughts?

buser333

Reaction score
Hi guys. Hope everyone is well.

SSR 7 for this scenario reads:
The 9-0 is a Commissar, and all rules apply as if the scenario was set prior to October '42.

So...may I exchange other leaders for Commissars within the constraints of the rules given that "all rules apply as if <Oct '42" ?

Interesting note - The After Action Report states "The Russian political officers accompanying the attack continued to urge their soldiers forward". Political officers (plural).

Thoughts?
Chas is active on here and will probably notice this, but you're probably best off asking this in the BFP subfolder.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
I will preemptively guess that the intent was not to be able to create additional Partybois, otherwise it would not have specifically called out the 9-0 as being one. Had that been the intent, I think it would have said "Commissar rules are in effect, and all rules apply as if the scenario was set prior to October '42." I think the wording after "The 9-0 is a Commissar..." is strictly meant to define the 9-0's rule-parameters for the scenario. IOW, "The 9-0 is a Commissar, and although there are no rules for an out-of-date-range Commissar, apply the normal Commisssar rules for him as if it was set prior to 10/42."

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
I will preemptively guess that the intent was not to be able to create additional Partybois, otherwise it would not have specifically called out the 9-0 as being one. Had that been the intent, I think it would have said "Commissar rules are in effect, and all rules apply as if the scenario was set prior to October '42." I think the wording after "The 9-0 is a Commissar..." is strictly meant to define the 9-0's rule-parameters for the scenario. IOW, "The 9-0 is a Commissar, and although there are no rules for an out-of-date-range Commissar, apply the normal Commisssar rules for him as if it was set prior to 10/42."
Agree with that.