ITR-7, Both Axis Minors?

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
A friend is playing ITR-7 Rebounded Spirit (14 January 1945). It seems the Romanians should be considered Allied Minor (+2 HOB DRM) in this one, rather than Axis Minor (+3 HOB DRM), as they are fighting with the Russians against Germans and Hungarians, is this correct? Also, at this date (1/45) would the Romanians still retain their inherent PF capability (3/44+) as mentioned in the National Capabilities chart for Axis Minor?

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why would you not use the Hungarians with the blue outline and the Axis Minor for the Romanians?

pybarrondo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why would you not use the Hungarians with the blue outline and the Axis Minor for the Romanians?
I think the question is not about which counters to use but whether the Romanians, since they are no longer aligned with Germany at the time the scenario takes place, would be considered Allied Minors for things like heat of battle purposes (it's a +3 DRM for Axis Minors and +2 for Allied) and PF usage (none if they are Allied Minor). This was originally posted by someone in the Facebook group and Jazz brought it here, I presume, to perhaps get some input from the BFP folks as to the intent.

There's no indication in the rulebook that Romanians are ever considered anything but Axis Minor, regardless of which side they're fighting on. So barring some kind of SSR-like errata from BFP, it seems the Romanians should keep the +3 Axis Minor DRM for heat of battle and keep their PF capability.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the question is not about which counters to use but whether the Romanians, since they are no longer aligned with Germany at the time the scenario takes place, would be considered Allied Minors for things like heat of battle purposes (it's a +3 DRM for Axis Minors and +2 for Allied) and PF usage (none if they are Allied Minor). This was originally posted by someone in the Facebook group and Jazz brought it here, I presume, to perhaps get some input from the BFP folks as to the intent.

There's no indication in the rulebook that Romanians are ever considered anything but Axis Minor, regardless of which side they're fighting on. So barring some kind of SSR-like errata from BFP, it seems the Romanians should keep the +3 Axis Minor DRM for heat of battle and keep their PF capability.
Thats how I have always played them. The PF availability number is reduced since the Germans ain't shipping them anymore.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
A friend is playing ITR-7 Rebounded Spirit (14 January 1945). It seems the Romanians should be considered Allied Minor (+2 HOB DRM) in this one, rather than Axis Minor (+3 HOB DRM), as they are fighting with the Russians against Germans and Hungarians, is this correct? Also, at this date (1/45) would the Romanians still retain their inherent PF capability (3/44+) as mentioned in the National Capabilities chart for Axis Minor?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
A25 is pretty clear that Romanians are still Axis Min or sign when fighting Hungarians.