ITR-14 "Between Rockets and a Hard Place": set up and rubble questions

Juzek

Steve Kyle
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the set up for ITR-14, the Russians may place two rubble counters; are those counters limited to their set up area, south of BFP B row Y?

Is an AFV on a road with a building on one side and rubble on the other vulnerable to Street Fighting? It is in FB and VOTG. I've read on this forum that its also true in RB but I can't find a rule for it.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
I think this question has been left unanswered as it seems to be "unanswerable" without a Q & A sent to BFP. Still, not yet having played my ITR-2 scenarios (been loving PiF, however!), you gave me a good opportunity to look this one over! Here's my two-cents:

Strictly speaking, I see no reason to apply Street Fighting rules as neither the ASL RB prohibits it and the SSR doesn't call for it. That said, the fact that SSR1 does grant Rout, Rally and Ambush terrain status upon all rubble makes it seem like an oversight. Perhaps a question should be sent to BFP. Their published Errata shows no change to this scenario.

Incidentally, RB rule RB8 is the eighth special rule for all scenarios:

RB8. [All] Rubble is treated as a building for Ambush (A11.4) and Street Fighting (A11.8) purposes.​

VOTG SSR8 confers similar status to stone rubble only:

VOTG8. RUBBLE: Stone rubble is treated as a building for Rout (A10.5), Rally (A10.61), Ambush (A11.4) and Street Fighting (A11.8) purposes.​

Chances are, you and your opponent have already made up your minds about how to play this one. For what it's worth, I would submit a question, but in the meantime allow Street Fighting as the SSR allows everything else (seems odd to allow Rout, Rally, Ambush, but not SF).

As for your other question, I can see both possibilities. However, it seems more interesting to allow the Russians to place the rubble anywhere on the map. As my argument, I would say that the rubble counters were not put in his OoB section of the scenario card, and that the SSR states that he can "place <= two Rubble counters" not that he can "setup" the same.

For the record, how'd you guys play it?

Juzek

Steve Kyle
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For the record, how'd you guys play it?
We haven't played it yet. Both of us have sent the question to BFP. Without an answer from them I guess we're playing it as no Street Fighting since there is no specific SSR. My opinion is it should apply, but without a definitive answer in the rules, SSR, or from the publisher, that's just my opinion and nothing more.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the set up for ITR-14, the Russians may place two rubble counters; are those counters limited to their set up area, south of BFP B row Y?
Those 2 rubble counters may be placed anywhere on the playing area.

Is an AFV on a road with a building on one side and rubble on the other vulnerable to Street Fighting? It is in FB and VOTG. I've read on this forum that its also true in RB but I can't find a rule for it.
The intent is that it would be eligible for Street Fighting as well. I'll look at either doing it as a Q&A or perhaps put out some sticky errata on it.

Rick

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Those 2 rubble counters may be placed anywhere on the playing area.

The intent is that it would be eligible for Street Fighting as well. I'll look at either doing it as a Q&A or perhaps put out some sticky errata on it.
Rick
How's that for service! I'll make note of it on my scenario card. I look forward to playing this one (...someday)...

Thanks Rick!