Italian OOB

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
First, I don't see an "Italian problem". I thi the Italians are good where they are. It's only a game. Second, if I were Xavier, I don't know that I would do it. I would be pretty happy right where I am were I him. -- jim
Xavier is perfectly entitled to do what he want's, I don't dispute that at all
I do however think the Italians need sorting, you don't, that's fine we are allowed to disagree

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Xavier is perfectly entitled to do what he want's, I don't dispute that at all
I do however think the Italians need sorting, you don't, that's fine we are allowed to disagree
There is no need to shout. As you said, we are allowed to disagree. -- jim

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In addition to the Italian counters offered by both Broken Ground Design and Le Franc Tireur in issue 14, there is Critical Hit Italian nationality sets. I do have set #28, Italians in North Africa, 1940-43, with a gray counter background. Tthis will allow you to play Western Front scenarios with this set. They also have two other sets,Italians on Eastern Front 1941-43 and North Africa 1940-43 in a sand color.

So you have a few options for your Italian OOB. Hope this helps.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought the Italians that LFT put out were very good.

I also feel that the Italian OOB could be bumped a bit, due to the "Specialized Units" (Alpini, and others that elude me as of this time).

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
I think that the worst problem in Italian OOB is the broken morale for 1st Line MMC. I think that it can represent Infantry of 2nd Line Infantry Units, such as Coastal Divisions in Sicily, or the worst ones in the other Theatres... but for a large part of the Regio Esercito, even not Bersaglieri or Alpini, i really think that it is too much underrated to rally a first line squad with a 5 or less, while all the rest of the world rally with 6 or less. It is ok that the FP wasn't so good and I accept 3-4-6 without problem, but 5 in the broken morale is too much, for playability, but also on a historical base.

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I think that the worst problem in Italian OOB is the broken morale for 1st Line MMC. I think that it can represent Infantry of 2nd Line Infantry Units, such as Coastal Divisions in Sicily, or the worst ones in the other Theatres... but for a large part of the Regio Esercito, even not Bersaglieri or Alpini, i really think that it is too much underrated to rally a first line squad with a 5 or less, while all the rest of the world rally with 6 or less. It is ok that the FP wasn't so good and I accept 3-4-6 without problem, but 5 in the broken morale is too much, for playability, but also on a historical base.
I can buy this kind of argument. there were certainly some fine units fielded but they can be easily be represented by SSR: +1 broken moral

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
I can buy this kind of argument. there were certainly some fine units fielded but they can be easily be represented by SSR: +1 broken moral
yes yes, id prefear to have a 6 there with -1 broken morale SSR... there is a strangely so tiny difference between a 1st line Italian squad and a conscript one, it could be better to not call it "1st line", it sounds not so serious